How do I even start?

A couple of places I'd spend some time on are:

1. Clothesline area. People leave coins in pockets and they fall out when hung up.

2. Old oven. You said you found China or plates. Where there's dishware, there's silverware.

GL & HH

Definitely keep hitting it! My sisters house was kinda the same way. I was new to the hobby and kept digging alot of junk. Once I learned my machine more and cleaned up some trash the goodies were plentiful!

silverchef, you live in Syracuse? I used to live there. I'm in seneca falls now.

From there originally. I live there for about 4 months a year. I will be back in September. Come on up. I'll show you some pounded parks that I still get some stuff from.

Ok, sounds fun. Maybe you could help me beat up my in-laws yard sometime!

Here in Michigan my buddies and I knock on doors.
You would not believe the success we have, more yes's than no's!
After a few tries, it gets easier every time.
All of our parks have been pounded and have given up lots of old goodies (to us).
It's got to the point that I don't get out much at all, unless I have private property lined up. Some are bust, some have been cleaned out previously, but there's always that one that holds the treasures.

This video from the Garrett website might give you some ideas about what & where to hunt around that house & property:
cache_hunting_secrets_video

It's a little slow in parts, but as I said, it might help you figure out some promising spots, and questions to ask the family about how it used to be set up and what has changed over time.

Wish I had a spot like that. I'm sure it's frustrating at times, but keep at it. You WILL succeed!

Good luck!
Rich

Back
Top Bottom