First out with new F2

tgrantjr

Well I finally got my new f2 today. My god what a difference. I know im a newbie and only been detecting for a year. I went to a local park i frequented with my old BH101 and tried with the Delta. I used the sniper coil because i knew there would be a lot of tabs. This machine is dead on. I purposely went over spots that i hit just a few days ago and still pulled coins out of the earth. I know 1.32 on a first run with an hour. I am really going to love this machine. Lets hope that someday i will finally find that first silver or gold. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone for picking my new machine.

Sniper coil + F2 = deadly coin killer. Do you have a 4" coil for your 101? That is a killer combo as well. It's too bad you got a bad Delta unit. I love mine and it is very stable in my ground. I have both F2 and Delta because the Delta does some things that the F2 can't do, like true all metal mode.
Rest assured the F2 will net you some great finds. Just ask Digger27 :)

Well congrats on the new toy and the finds you are getting with it already. Sounds like you are going to be having more finds. HH

Im hitting a park today that I hit with my F2 w/8" coil, but today I'll be using the 4" coil.

Should be interesting...

congrats on ur finds so far. im a newbie also and i got the f2 about 6 months ago and i love it. Hope u enjoy yours as much as i do and keep diggin and you will find that gold or silver and hopefully both! Good Luck.

Im hitting a park today that I hit with my F2 w/8" coil, but today I'll be using the 4" coil.

Should be interesting...

The baby 4" coil is way fun. You don't cover ground super fast, but once you hit a target, you waste less time trying to figure out where it's at. So I think it balances out time-wise.

I usually do parks the reverse order -the 4" first to get the "low hanging fruit" ie-the easy stuff. Then I'll go back later with the 8" to cover more ground and to add some depth. Typically on the 1st trip w/the 4", I'll get the bulk of modern clad at or near the surface (1"-3"). The second trip w/the 8" I do find some missed, shallow modern clad, but I also start finding a few older coins sitting deeper.

Oh, and to the original poster -congrads from another F2 owner. I'm loving mine too.

I found that the 4 inch coil is great. I havent had the chance to try the 10 inch because it is so heavy. I also found out it does not really like being below 50 degrees. I had it out yesterday at dawn and once it started cooling down it would start chattering with the sensitivity all the way down and me pointing it in the air. Not sure whats going on there. I am having a blast learning this machine. I think its going to be a great tool for the next few years.

That's great news about your F2. I feel the same way. I DO use the 10" coil and feel I get deeper signals over the 8" and the Sniper. Sensitivity is also enhanced. Of course, our soil could be way different than yours.
At any rate, congrats on a fantastic start with your F2!:yes:
:stormy:

I have a quick question for the more experienced members out there. There was a festival at the local park this weekend. I plan on going tomorrow afternoon and hitting the tot lots, parking areas, and where all the vendors were. Do you suggest using only the sniper coil due to it probably being all on the surface, or should i use the 8 inch coil with my sensitivity down? Im not sure on this. I have a lot of ground to cover and it seems the sniper would take way too long.

I may have to try out my 4" coil on my F2 today. I've been killing it with the 8" though =)

I have a quick question for the more experienced members out there. There was a festival at the local park this weekend. I plan on going tomorrow afternoon and hitting the tot lots, parking areas, and where all the vendors were. Do you suggest using only the sniper coil due to it probably being all on the surface, or should i use the 8 inch coil with my sensitivity down? Im not sure on this. I have a lot of ground to cover and it seems the sniper would take way too long.
Take both.
If the trash is bad, the sniper will yeild better results. It might take longer with the 4", but what you don't miss will be worth the extra time.

The 4" is definitely a slow go from the little time I have spent in the local parks, however it is really great in the trashy areas.

I noticed that the sniper coil gives me solid readings while i was out. I put on the 8 inch coil and immediately it was jumping around everywhere. I put the sensitivity all the way down and pointed it straight up and i was getting erratic signals. The unfortunate thing was that when i got there i noticed a bunch of little plug marks all over the place. Someone hit it before i did. I only found a few pieces of clad. I put on my 10 inch coil and was looking but didnt find anything with it either. I think there is a problem with my 8 inch coil. Im going to have to call fisher and see what they say. It should not be making the machine go crazy when in the air.

I may be wrong...but putting your coil up ion the air makes it WAY more suspectable (sp) to EMI. My 8' coil on my f2 seems to be VERY sensitive in trafficked parks, so I turn it down to 3 bars. When I go out into a field...then I can turn it all he way up.

I would say to not put it in the air like that.

The problem is nowadays, most venders don't want to deal with change like in the old days, so everything is priced in dollars...less coins to drop.

The 8" coil and the 10" can be used in trash because the target separation is so good.
If you hit a solid signal, just move the coil slow to figure it out and see if you have good solid numbers that stay on the screen next to the jumpy ones.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=101465

When you change coils, especially to the bigger ones, it is real important to tighten down that connection to the control box, which is not easy with just fingers.
The looser it is, the more chatter you will get.

Back
Top Bottom