First Gold

Daved

I found all of these within 1 or 2 inches of each other. I wasn't even going to dig this! I decided to cause I have found older coins in the same area before... A 1911 $5.00 Indian , 1903 Indian head penny and a nickle 1904.

needless to say I was shaking when I seen yellow! I scratched the bottom edge of the Nickle and two small nicks to the back of the gold piece. Just to the right of the eagle, not visible from my crappy pics!

Attachments

• IMAG0488 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0488 (Large).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,823
  • IMAG0489 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0489 (Large).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,828
wow awesome find! i love that style gold piece, my dream is to find a $2 1/2 indian head gold piece and have it put in a ring setting

That is sweet, still havent dug gold yet, but I can imagine the feeling! My hunting buddy dug a 1700's Gold coin from Portugal, but I wasnt there that day. As cool as it was, I would prefer the Indian, that has always been one of my all time favorite coin designs!

Andy

Congrats!

That wouldn't be a 1911 D by any chance, would it?

Those are considered rare.

Indian Head "Fives" in average condition will bring about $250 each. Most of the dates are considered common, but the 1908-S, 1909-O, 1911-D, 1913-S, 1915-S, and 1929 are among the scarcest dates in the series. The 1929 is the rarest date and is worth at least $7,500 in any condition.

Congrats!

That wouldn't be a 1911 D by any chance, would it?

Those are considered rare.

Indian Head "Fives" in average condition will bring about $250 each. Most of the dates are considered common, but the 1908-S, 1909-O, 1911-D, 1913-S, 1915-S, and 1929 are among the scarcest dates in the series. The 1929 is the rarest date and is worth at least $7,500 in any condition.

No mint mark....

Thanks everyone!

The gold shows up at 12-31 on E-trac but I cant remember what it was in the ground, 11-38 comes to mind... It was a solid signal from any direction...

That is crazy,,,,I would be happy with a regular wheat...LOL...nice find ya got there....not every day one of those pop outta the ground. HH

You found a gold coin how lucky

Congradulations on those great finds. Especially the Gold Coin . Post a bag of them next time. I don't expect to ever be so lucky. I don't think I have ever heard of someone in Michigan finding gold coins so I don't think I will be lucky that way. I had a 1902 Nickle long ago. Lost my collection of finds when i trusted my daughter with them and I think her husband at the time used them to get pot. Equally bad I trusted my older sister with my trusty Eagle ll and either her husband (now passed on) or their daughter's boyfriend at the time pawned it . I come back for it and it was gone. I wanted to search Lansing Michigan and ended up not buying a detector until 2010 this was back in 1997. I now have the M6 by White's and I am getting information telling me I been making a lot of mistakes hunting by ignoring my zinc and foil readings. I was on the lookout for the ones 14 up to 22 as my old wedding ring reads 16 or 18. I do dig 77 as it is clad dimes but now I will dig all from 14 to 100 . I just have to wonder how many rings I might have passed up in the year plus I had the M6.

M6 by White's Greenville Michigan Mike Sidewalk to Curb Hunter
Been at it since 1973 off and on.

One last thing on your Gold coin

Did you get you a tent and camp out there to find more Gold Coins?

M6 by White's Greenville Michigan Mike Sidewalk to Curb Hunter
1973 to now off and on detecting .

Back
Top Bottom