Has anyone found something worth Alot?

joel045

its exciting to find a silver dime or nickle worth $5 to $20 bucks, or a gold ring worth a couple hundred, but i'am talking like a 1oz gold coin, or the pot at the end of the rainbow. anyone hit it big yet?

That's a question that people new to the hobby like ask, but most of the time the answer is going to be pretty vague. There is always a certain risk when posting really valuable finds. : )

Great question!! And yes people have found riches but I'd imagine you'll never hear about it on a public forum.. Maybe a single gold coin, but not a real treasure..

I think anyone that has, is going to be fairly quiet about it...I would...maybe :lol:

Yeah, I think this is human nature. I have this theory that Oak Island was cleaned out years ago and the finder didn't say nuthin' to nobody!! :)

Myself, I'm still looking for that hidden pile of gold coins I just *know* is out there. :P

Paying for the detector

Hello,

Have you all found enough to pay for the detector? That is my first goal in detecting. Money is not why I detect, but breaking even is a goal.

Frank

I don't sell my finds unless I have duplucates however I bought my V3i almost a year ago and I could pay for it and have some left over

found this 4 yrs ago, Extra Fine condition it was graded professionally. shank on back

Attachments

• gwoz.jpg
    gwoz.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,452
its exciting to find a silver dime or nickle worth $5 to $20 bucks, or a gold ring worth a couple hundred, but i'am talking like a 1oz gold coin, or the pot at the end of the rainbow. anyone hit it big yet?

My best is a 14k Gold Diamond ring appraised at $1500 :D

One of the forum members actually found 3 gold coins in the same site. He posted about it not too long ago with pictures.

My huge treasure/find is still out there...in the woods at our hunting camp, which used to be grandma's farm.....copper country...lots of float copper...neighbor found a 1600lbs hunk of it while plowing..... i go up there i get too involved in which shiny things to go for....
do i hit the old plow fields and the woods........or do i go bottle digging in the late 1800's huge dumpsite (all bottles), 2 outhouses from the late 1800's, plus all of the smaller dumps scattered around....

I'm leaning toward bottle digging for now...selling those ACL sodas and the old hobble skirt Cokes plus whatever else i find will be more than enough for a new detector for next spring...

and it doesn't hurt that i hauled a bunch of old metal and old hoods and a cpl old junked up trucks down and called a friend of the family to go scrap it......we made enough to pay taxes on the farm for 2yrs plus....

so i guess the farm is my big treasure.....

I've been doing this for 28 years and I'm not in it for my health.....although that IS a benefit of the hobby!!!:D

Dusty

I found a ring appraised at $900. Not my favorite find though or my best. I'm much more interested in finding a very old silver coin. Or gold coin, but that's highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom