Ace150 v Ace250

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
I bought an ACE150 as a backup to my Hawkeye, at the end of last year.
As yet I haven't actually used it, but reading all the comments, and seeing how many people use the 250, I'm beginnging to wonder if it's worth doing a quick trade up while it still looks new ?

Apart from the pinpoint, would I gain a lot from upgrading ?

Only if you get your investment back on the 150. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. Go to the next level if you want to trade.

Thanks for the advice.

The place I bought it from is pretty good in upgrading machines bought from his shop. Obviously I'd lose a bit on the 150, but I'm beginning to think thats the way to go. I'll give him a call and see what he says.

I may even get the wife to use it :yes:

Would I be correct in assuming that detecting depth is similar on both machines ?

I have an ACE 250 and my first coin was at about six inches and it pinpointed it exactly. I am new to the hobby and have only been out once so far so take it for what its worth.

Terry 55 said:
Alan, I really like the 250, I think it's worth the extra cash. The extra features are worth it.

Thanks for the advice. I just have to see how much money I have, I'm just back from giving my accountant a cheque, and now have to send one off to the tax man. :o( :o( :o(

I am now the happy owner of the Ace250. The shop where I bought the 150, gave me back what I paid for it (it was in new condition), and it didn't cost me as much as I thought to upgrade.

I just have to learn how to use it :roll:

It's a shame they can't supply them with a coil cover.

confuuuuused

i reckon its what your used to,i am quite happy with the 150 for now,when i decide to upgrade i will certainly go for the 250.all your guys comments are very interesting and have convinced me for the 250 when the time comes

Nice Alan, I'm glad it all worked out for you, and I know you'll be real happy with it (maybe even the wife) :yes:

Back
Top Bottom