I'm a believer

low tide

Elite Member
Been out on maybe 4 hunts with the NOX 800 now & for the most part I thought it was just a chatty Sally. I found myself pulling penny after penny after penny. This after all was the reason why I migrated away from the Excal & went to the CTX although they both have their places. Anyways, it took me some time to understand the numbers since they are WAYYYY different than a CTX even though it's said that going from a CTX to the NOX is pretty easy since the concept with Minelabs logic is pretty much the same. Yes & no. With the CTX you pretty much always know what you're getting. The numbers don't change to much regardless of depth. The NOX tends to be all over.
Anyways, I've learned a few things with the NOX to date:
Don't walk away from all those 1,2,3, and 4 signals. Although they are most likely aluminum in one form or another, you HAVE to dig them.. How do I know this? Yesterday I went to the beach. Turned the machine on. Took a straight line from the dry to the water. First target. 26... Quarter.... Got to the top of the high tide line where the tide was pulling out about 2 hrs past high tide. Got a scratchy 2-3... BOOM !! .. 14k thin chain... YESSSS!!! Literally my 1st thin gold chain !. I've gotten a thin chain in the past with the CTX but it was a fluke because there was a coin next to it....

I thought to myself,, well my nights made and I'm literally 10 minutes into my hunt.. About an hour passed with not much else other than some clad. Then I hit an area that tends to be a sweet spot. BOOM!!!! ANOTHER thin 14k chain with a cross. $%#$@# are you kidding me?!... Now I'm hell bent on finding these scratchy 2-3 tones. 20 minutes later again at the top of the high tide line I find a 14k ring at 10-11 ID.... After that it was 4 hrs of nothing . Man I was stoked on my finds.... Cant wait to get in the water when tides are favorable and see how she does.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 626
Congrats on the triple gold and your first and second chain! Thanks for sharing. Hope to see more from that spot. GL.

Thanks for the tip! Congratulations on the gold and I too am a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: Congrats on the gold hat trick but especially on double chains! :wow: I can't remember 2 gold chains ever being pulled on here in 1 hunt. What was your setting on it?

You are the 3rd hunter I've met who has found gold chains with the Nox LT....congrats!!!! Yes, if you don't mind, please let us know your settings! :?:

I saw a video where a guy with a Nox and CTX declared the Nox as bad for hitting a bit of foil that the CTX called trash... that is one way to look at it. I think as you see that these targets can also be gold that the CTX might have missed. I'd like to see a few vids testing this. Is it a flaw or a feature?

BCD

Very nice job LT :yes: :photo: Did you ever get any iron numbers bounced in with the good targets?

I got 2 targets last hunt where the Nox was giving me a 1, 2, 3 and was blipping like 12 times within a small sweep, thought for sure it was a honking chain and the Nox was reading every link :laughing: not so, just foil inside of a juice bottle cap. :no:

Thanks everybody. As for the settings, forgive me if I'm a bit retarded.. Just got home from working an all nighter and laying in bed as I type.

I keep it in Beach 1.Noise cancel it. Then a ground balance. Full volume. Threshold I treat like an Excal. I make it have a low audible hum so I can hear the breaks. My rejection setting is at 0 NOT -9... Sens is never lower than 20 and as high as she'll let me without falsing. I think that's everything isn't it? Every beach is different. Did I mention I'm tired?

In the trashy dry it'll drive you NUTS:mad::mad:. It will tone at even the slightest piece of foil. With that said I try my best to stay out of the dry but you still have to hit it...At least the towel line.

The foil targets are annoying and tedious but if you don't go after those tones your cheating yourself. You're there to dig so that's what you do.
I really won't /don't dig the 5 to 8's.. Maybe I'm stupid but for now I haven't dug a single worthy target in that range and every target in that range has been trash. I'm also beginning to grow tiresome of the 20-21's. I KNOW they are pennies. They hit loud and hard at that ID but I still dig because I like the punishment.

Lastly I'm impressed on the sensitivity of this thing. With the stock coil it'll beat out my CTX with a 17"in full CT Scan , Xray SAVAGE mode! I've pulled the SMALLEST pieces of metal at 4 solid scoops down with a 920ix scoop.. In the wet sand this thing HITS HARD..

I went to the same area the next night because...well..... why wouldn't I? After 3 hrs I had a few bucks in change, a few handfuls of trash and no jewelry. Weird how one hunt can rock and the next 20 blow. I didn't do anything different just got lucky on the triple G.
George, I wanna invade Romy's spot again.. He can't get all the fun up North!

Thanks everybody. As for the settings, forgive me if I'm a bit retarded.. Just got home from working an all nighter and laying in bed as I type.

I keep it in Beach 1.Noise cancel it. Then a ground balance. Full volume. Threshold I treat like an Excal. I make it have a low audible hum so I can hear the breaks. My rejection setting is at 0 NOT -9... Sens is never lower than 20 and as high as she'll let me without falsing. I think that's everything isn't it? Every beach is different. Did I mention I'm tired?

In the trashy dry it'll drive you NUTS:mad::mad:. It will tone at even the slightest piece of foil. With that said I try my best to stay out of the dry but you still have to hit it...At least the towel line.

The foil targets are annoying and tedious but if you don't go after those tones your cheating yourself. You're there to dig so that's what you do.
I really won't /don't dig the 5 to 8's.. Maybe I'm stupid but for now I haven't dug a single worthy target in that range and every target in that range has been trash. I'm also beginning to grow tiresome of the 20-21's. I KNOW they are pennies. They hit loud and hard at that ID but I still dig because I like the punishment.

Thanks. I hunt Beach 2, noise cancel, sens around 18 or 19 and tracking ground balance. I set no threshold hum, volume max, I set my rejection at 0 as well, switch to all metal every now and then but mostly in discrim.

Only thing I was still curious - did you find good targets still jumped into the null? Guess you wouldn't know unless you were in all metal at the time tho :roll:

I'm also beginning to grow tiresome of the 20-21's. I KNOW they are pennies. They hit loud and hard at that ID but I still dig because I like the punishment.
You mean it might help me get more pennies?!? :mder::clapping::excited:
:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom