advice wanted from Lesche owners

tassie

Hi everyone until today i have been pushing my luck and was using a Canadian bayonet as my digging tool for lawns if the coppers here in Aus saw me using that i would now be behind bars, so a good friend of mine made me a present of a Lesche digging tool, which by all means is a good weapon if you wanted to use it as one but if i get balled up by the cops i can tell them honestly its a digging tool.

What i would like to know from owners of it, did you sharpen yours up or leave it as you bought it.

Many thanks for any replies Tassie

Tassie, as with any digging tool, if you are mostly in loose soil sharpness is not that important. However, if you are digging in turf or where there is a lot of root structure, it will make it easier to have the tool sharpened somewhat. It aids in cutting through the tough stuff. I sharpen mine about every two trips out. Small roots are the problem i run into most of the time.

Thanks hoser,sharpened it up with the Dremmel you can cut paper with it now.
Cheers tassie

I carry a Leatherman with a saw blade in it. It will cut tree roots in 4 inches of dirt all day long and still cut limbs off of trees. I've had it 4 years and am still trying to dull it. I don't know if it WILL dull. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom