my newest digger!

007tallguy

Elite Member
i stopped off at a gardening supply store today looking for one item and i spied these knives hanging behind the counter. upon having a closer look, they turned out to be the composite handled hori-hori's! i didn't think anyone around here stocked them, so i asked the girl what the price was..... 27.99 + tax! i previously paid over 35 bucks for my wooden handled one! :shock:
this is the stainless model and it has a much better grip than the wooden one and that black leather case makes this thing look like one BAD-a** knife! :D

Attachments

• IMAG1119.jpg
    IMAG1119.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 765
  • IMAG1118.jpg
    IMAG1118.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 781
Predator tools, Piraña is the best digging tool available. But your digger looks real good. Congrats on the good deal.

Predator tools, Piraña is the best digging tool available. But your digger looks real good. Congrats on the good deal.

thank you! :D
i honestly don't know if the predator tools are available around here anywhere. then again, i'm surprised this shop even had the hori's in stock, especially this version of it and for that kind of price! :shock: there are all kinds of digging tools available at the various hardware stores, but i've never seen the lesche, sampson or predator brands.
i;ve been a hori user for 5 years and i know i'm going to love using this new one with the better handle and grip. :D

Looks safer than mine,I have one from home depot and it sliced my hand but I ground down the sharp edges near the handle!:shock:

thank you! :D
i honestly don't know if the predator tools are available around here anywhere. then again, i'm surprised this shop even had the hori's in stock, especially this version of it and for that kind of price! :shock: there are all kinds of digging tools available at the various hardware stores, but i've never seen the lesche, sampson or predator brands.
i;ve been a hori user for 5 years and i know i'm going to love using this new one with the better handle and grip. :D

You got a great deal and a good digger, I was a Leache fan at one time but I was watching some videos and got some insight here and I finally pulled the trigger and brought one. Their very expensive but well worth it. You can get them on line. You will never need and other digging tool. But like I said you scored on a good digger. Congrats again..

You got a great deal and a good digger, I was a Leache fan at one time but I was watching some videos and got some insight here and I finally pulled the trigger and brought one. Their very expensive but well worth it. You can get them on line. You will never need and other digging tool. But like I said you scored on a good digger. Congrats again..

thanks all! :yes:
yeah, i couldn't believe the price they're selling these ones for! i had it out this morning for it's first hunt and i gotta tell you...... what a joy it is to use! very comfortable in the hand and since it's still new (and sharp) it was slicing through the sod like cutting butter. :D

i actually did break a blade a couple of years ago, snapped it right at the halfway mark. that one was also brand new and only about 15 minutes into it's maiden digging session. i took it back to the store, they had a look-see and you could tell there was a slight flaw in the metal right where it broke. they handed me a new one with no questions asked. they didn't even want to see a receipt!

Ive used a Stainless steel Hori-Hori for years and liked it (watch for cheep knock offs. The digger you have is simular except for the plastic handle that I would probably like that better than the wood hori anyway. Just be leery of tot lots and parents, police with that thing, I had one army vet sitting on park bench tell me it looked liked something he used in nam:shock: I use a raptor 31c now for grass/dirt, never liked the offset handle on the Leshke. Good luck.

Ive used a Stainless steel Hori-Hori for years and liked it (watch for cheep knock offs. The digger you have is simular except for the plastic handle that I would probably like that better than the wood hori anyway. Just be leery of tot lots and parents, police with that thing, I had one army vet sitting on park bench tell me it looked liked something he used in nam:shock: I use a raptor 31c now for grass/dirt, never liked the offset handle on the Leshke. Good luck.

Thanks! This one has the exact same blade as my wooden one, but much more comfortable to use, a really nice tool! And yessir, always cautious when using it, when it's not digging a hole, it's in the sheath. :yes:

I wouldn't mind finding one. Looks nice.

If you can find one somewhere or even online, I'm sure you'll never look at any other brands!

God those things are sharp on the serrated edge too... I remember having the wood handle one A few years ago and my grip slipped in the wet and sliced my hand SUPER good! The thing was so sharp it probably took 5-6 seconds to even start bleeding. Ugh, my hand was sore for a month!

That was a nice digger for sure. I ended up breaking two of them though, and now I own a Sampson. Actually 2!

God those things are sharp on the serrated edge too... I remember having the wood handle one A few years ago and my grip slipped in the wet and sliced my hand SUPER good! The thing was so sharp it probably took 5-6 seconds to even start bleeding. Ugh, my hand was sore for a month!

That was a nice digger for sure. I ended up breaking two of them though, and now I own a Sampson. Actually 2!

I hear ya! That's half of the reason for wearing good gloves, protection from the digger more so than from what's being dug up with it, ha.
I was using the wooden handled one all along and there's not much of a lip to keep your hand from slipping down towards the blade, but this new one is great, absolutely love it!

I hear ya! That's half of the reason for wearing good gloves, protection from the digger more so than from what's being dug up with it, ha.
I was using the wooden handled one all along and there's not much of a lip to keep your hand from slipping down towards the blade, but this new one is great, absolutely love it!

Oh lord, I WAS wearing gloves. Not great ones, but I had them. If I wasn't wearing them I probably would have been in trouble pretty quick. It got me good.

My one major concern (before almost taking my hand off with it moved to the front) was how it looked on my hip. I'm not sure if a cop wanted too, if he could classify the Hori as an actual knife and then what kind of implications could arise from that. I only took it to the woods with me for that reason. Not that I have reason to hide, :lol: just not the kind of encounter I want police thinking when they see another digger "oh great another one with one of those big knives, I better check him out"

i don't think that's too much of a problem around here, enough of them have seen me out and about. if i am ever questioned, i'll just ask the obvious: how am i supposed to dig, with my teeth? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom