Big Ben Sets The Tone For A Great Hunt

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had a great Sunday morning hunt with Air Force Mike. We met up at 7am at a school that Mike had hunted before with some success. We had not been there three minutes when I got my first signal at about 7 inches. It was a great sound, flashing 10-47 to 12-48 on my E-trac. I called Mike over so he could run his CTX 3030 over it. He said sweet and said he would dig that signal in a heartbeat. He thought it was a solid Quarter signal. I dug the plug and then pulled the loose soil from the bottom of the hole. In doing so I uncovered a familiar shine of crescent sliver from a coin's edge. Called Mike back over to remove my 4th Franklin Half of the year ("59"). Wish I could start every hunt like this one. It got even better just two digs later as I pulled a "53" Rosie. We continued at this site until it was time to got to some private property we had permission to hunt. At this site my luck continued as I pulled a "44" Merc and a "34" Buffalo. Upon finishing the private property hunt we went back to the school digging Wheat's and clad. The 3 Silver now has me at 165 FTY. An oddity occurred in today's outing, I actually dug more Wheat's than Memorials (10-9). Total clad for the hunt was $4.39 and also dug a rolled cent. I had a great time Mike and hope we will get many more opportunities to do this in the future.

As always hope all had good and safe hunts. Thanks for looking and commenting. Jack

Attachments

• 10-12-14.jpg
    10-12-14.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 10-12-14 5.jpg
    10-12-14 5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 10-12-14 4.jpg
    10-12-14 4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 434
  • 10-12-14 3.jpg
    10-12-14 3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 433
  • 10-12-14 1.jpg
    10-12-14 1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 431
Awesome hunt trapper!! Hard compete when your first find is Big Silver!! As always it's a true pleasure to see and hunt with you again. I had a blast regardless of my no silver day but I did come home with some treasures and a PACKER WIN!!

Great results ........ you guys are killing the clad ..... and just packing the silver away by the bucket! Great work!

You have been killing it out there jack!!
It has been a great year Ron.
Congrats on Big Ben, the other silvers, the Buffalo, wheats and clad...only 35 more to go!
Thanks Bruce. Still not confident I'll make it to 200.
Congrats on another great hunt. You're killing the silver!!!
Appreciate the comment JWP.
wow very nice hunt.I love the big ben!
Hannibal, I'm pretty happy with Big Ben Myself. Jack

Awesome hunt trapper!! Hard compete when your first find is Big Silver!! As always it's a true pleasure to see and hunt with you again. I had a blast regardless of my no silver day but I did come home with some treasures and a PACKER WIN!!
I never felt we had a competition but a great shared hunt, The packer win was the icing. Thank you Mike.
Nice silver for your efforts. Nice variety too. 165 silvers FTY is fantastic!
MPGIt has been just a fantastic year.
Great results ........ you guys are killing the clad ..... and just packing the silver away by the bucket! Great work!
Time, location and effort. I NOTICE J.B. your cut from the same cloth.
Congrats! That's a good year going on!

Thank you Sweeper. Jack

Congrats on a great hunt Jack, and a heck of a year. 4 Bens in one year is amazing! :shock:
"Ben" pretty lucky being in the right place. Ron, your right, a heck of a year.
Wow, that is for sure a great way to start a hunt. Congrats on the Benjamin and all the other finds.
Thanks Jason.
Congrats on another great hunt!!
Appreciate the reply Audrey.
Just crazy how many big silvers you've dug this year. Congrats on another great hunt.
Your percentage of halves is better than mine Jim. I think we both are having great years. Jack

I never think any hunt is competition thats why I enjoy hunting with ya. My only thought was WOW this guy is no joke this year first target is a Franklin? What a crazy awesome year for ya and more important to me is the stories we shared!!

I never think any hunt is competition thats why I enjoy hunting with ya. My only thought was WOW this guy is no joke this year first target is a Franklin? What a crazy awesome year for ya and more important to me is the stories we shared!!

"Ditto" to the good times. I really look forward to sharing a lot more in the future. Jack

Back
Top Bottom