UK Royal Navy Chief Reunited With Wedding Band

Tilton

Elite Member
Today I returned a UK Royal Navy Chiefs wedding band. He lost it a couple of days ago while swimming on Hickam Beach. If you read my thread on finding the ring, you know that it was a British wedding band from the markings. So it was pretty easy, knowing after talking with him, that it was his. There aren't too many British folks here. Luckily for him as well, tropical storm Flossie delayed his ships departure, as it was suppose to leave this morning.

He actually saw a local forum member, not sure who, detecting the same beach and he asked him if he found his wedding band. He did not, but remembered reading my thread about it and pointed him to our forum here. One of his ship mates actually contacted me first on here last night, and we were able to get in contact with one an other. After we met today, he offered me $50, which I couldn't take and also offered me and whoever I wanted to bring to come on board before they leave and get a tour and have a couple beers in the mess. Really great guy and I am glad I could give him his lost ring back.

This was my first gold find while being here in Hawaii, and I would always remember this find. I will especially remember it know, after a nice return.

WOW I bet thats one in a million odds of the circumstances that lead up to the rings return to the owner, Congrats....:cool:

I'd have handed it over just for a chance to tour a royal Navy vessel. I got to tour two of them in the seventees. First time I ever saw someone touching up paint on an anchor chain. Couldn't find a speck of rust on either vessel. Just can't remember the name of the two vessels to save my life.:lol:

Hey,

You guys are incredible. My wedding band was returned to me and I thought I would never see it again. When i get wi-fi i will put some pictures on the thread. I am serving on a Royal Navy ship HMS DARING. I am away from my family for nine months. My wedding ring is probably the most important item in my possesion. The guy i met today is an absolute legend. He came to my ship and refused any reward. He said it is good Karma. Incredibly good guy and i wish him all the best in the future.

Thank you.

My wife will never believe this...

Doc Proctor :D

Hey,

You guys are incredible. My wedding band was returned to me and I thought I would never see it again. When i get wi-fi i will put some pictures on the thread. I am serving on a Royal Navy ship HMS DARING. I am away from my family for nine months. My wedding ring is probably the most important item in my possesion. The guy i met today is an absolute legend. He came to my ship and refused any reward. He said it is good Karma. Incredibly good guy and i wish him all the best in the future.

Thank you.

My wife will never believe this...

Doc Proctor :D

Yeah this is a pic of my dad overseas aboard ship in the '50's. He wrote about his wedding band on the back of the photo.

Attachments

• File198.jpg
    File198.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 419
Uk navy chief reunited with wedding band

I have just received an email from my husband with links to your threads regarding his lost wedding ring.

I didn't even know he'd lost it!

What an amazing story, just wanted to say how very grateful I am, I am welling up just thinking about it. I can't believe it, thank you very very much. I wish you all the very best and good karma!!

Kindest regards

Ellen x

Thanks a bunch Mr. And Mrs. Proctor. That means a lot! I am glad I could give you guys a smile, and can tell how much that ring means to you.

WTG Tilton! Good Karma coming your way BIG TIME!

To Mr. & Mrs. Proctor: Thank you for your service & Congratulations on your new future King!

Thanks a ton for the photos and for the sincere appreciation of returning your ring! Have a a safe journey home!

Received an amazing tour of the HMS Daring today! Those guys were great and really showed us everything. best tour I have had. Awesome new age destroyer. Also got coined. Thanks Doc!

Back
Top Bottom