Old farm house gives up semi key Barber dime 1895-s

goes4ever

Elite Member
Yesterday after work I stopped and knocked at an old farm house, and secured permission. First decent signal was a solid 12-12, at ONE inch. Well I am thinking modern nickel, and I dig all nickel signals especially at an old house, could be gold right? Well to my surprise it was a nice full date buffalo nickel. Cool find to start the day, few feet away I got the flat button, and 1902 indian.

Next I got a deep 7-8" signal that I would swear was a wheat penny, solid 12-41, textbook wheat signal. Well surprise again.....out pops a semi key barber dime 1895-s, well worn, but with a mintage of 1.1 million, I will gladly take it!

Got a few wheats, old costume jewelry piece, old buckles. And another cool item to dig in Ohio....an Oklahoma tax token in great shape. A very odd signal, I am thinking it was like 10-29, but it was deep so I dug it!

Cool thing about this yard, didn't have a lot of targets but it had ZERO clad. I LOVE yards like that!

That was silver 198...........need 2 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

Congrats on the semi key date. Worth about $44 or so in that condition. That's an awesome hunt. I LOVE yards without clad too. It's fun when every coin you dig is something wheat or older. You only get that when you're door knocking though.

Congrats on the semi key date. Worth about $44 or so in that condition. That's an awesome hunt. I LOVE yards without clad too. It's fun when every coin you dig is something wheat or older. You only get that when you're door knocking though.
EXACTLY why I door knock! :D

Very nice finds! The token is a long way from home! You are gonna hit your silver goal very soon, any thoughts of raising it a little!:grin:

nope, when I hit 200.. I feel like I will have achieved a goal not hit by many, and I will continue to just dig until the ground freezes. ;)

EXACTLY why I door knock! :D

nope, when I hit 200.. I feel like I will have achieved a goal not hit by many, and I will continue to just dig until the ground freezes. ;)

Probably not a bad idea, it's all bonus finds after that! Let's hope the ground doesn't freeze until after Christmas!

Goes4ever rides again! You will be at 200 before the weekend!

Amazes me how an Okie tax token ends up in Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom