Beginner questions

k7noo

Would appreciate any advice on where to order an Ace 250 from online, think that would be a good start for me and my son and would also like to know if it would work for gold too. We are in N Nevada and have lots of area to work that has I'm sure been worked before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Art & Artie

I would have thought that any detector would be suitable for finding gold.

Good luck.

k7noo said:
Would appreciate any advice on where to order an Ace 250 from online, think that would be a good start for me and my son and would also like to know if it would work for gold too. We are in N Nevada and have lots of area to work that has I'm sure been worked before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Art & Artie

kn7noo... If you are going to search for gold, you want a gold machine or at least a detector that will be deeper in searching... The 250 is a good detector but its not going to be deep enough for one thing..

Thanks for all the help, after looking around last night I found Tony's web site and will definitely deal with someone who supports this forum and from what little looking around I did last night seems to be loaded with very helpful advice.
Would like to do some nugget hunting as most of the gold in Nevada I think is load gold. Most of the placer we have found has been fine and many pans to get any quantity.
My son is going on three so just getting the two of us out in the desert and digging around and away from the cartoons on TV is the main goal at this point and anything beyond that is a bonus.
I?m retired so poor weather would be the only drawback to getting out until Artie has to start school.
Thanks again for the help and will keep reading posts to this question and older posts on the forum, very helpful, and thanks for putting up with what is probably a very often repeated question. Hope I did this right.

Art & Artie

Welcome. You can't go wrong dealing with Tony.
pop

yeahs he is a good guy, I just received my new xterra50 a few days ago. fast shipping and friendly :D

I totally forgot about you Tony, sorry. I will have to check out your site, I'm thinking about purchasing a new MD.

MXT is a good gold machine and will double up as a fine all round metal detector (except wet sand) but don't forget to look at the Lobo Supertrack. Designed to find gold but also a supersensitive machine that can be used for everyday coinshooting. Try before you buy. MXT is a little noisy but the audio on the Lobo is a love it or leave it thing.

Nuggets would be nice

Thanks again for the welcome and the hints. talked to Tony a day ago and think we will be going for the Ace 250 to get us started. Have a friend that has a Prizm II and was easy to use but think the added features of the 250 will come in handy as we learn the detector. Nuggets would be nice Terry but anything to get us started I'm sure will be remembered for a long time, first finds kinda seem to go that way. Still remember our first geocache find. So thanks again and will be on the horn to Tony this week so we can get that 250 on the way. Art & Artie

Back
Top Bottom