Large copper, no,no...THE OTHER KIND! Pic Heavy

Absolutely fantastic. As excited as we get to find things that are just a couple hundred years old, trying to wrap your mind around the time frame on a piece like that boggles the imagination. That piece sat there in that soil perhaps as some of the last Wooly Mammoths were alive, as the Egyptians built the Pyramids, as Homer wrote the Iliad, as Athens and Sparta rose and fell, as the Roman Empire expanded and collapsed, as Jesus walked the earth and died, as the bubonic plague swept through in the middle ages, on and on and on up through the arrival of Europeans, the fur trade, the Revolutionary War, and the westward expansion. It sat in that place untouched except by its last owner, until you touched it.

You have experienced the apex of metal detecting - 4 AA batteries that powered a time machine, allowing you to be the first to touch history thousands of years old. It is truly unbelievable. Major congrats on your find and kudos on your donation in your daughters names!

Thank you for the kind words! You captured my sentiments even better than I could have! I’ve never been much of a writer. I knew I would never express it adequately! But through the help of several people here who have been kind enough to comment, I think my feelings are being well understood! Thanks to all for enjoying this moment with me!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!
Here is one I found last year.
You have a beautiful example of Old Copper Culture from the other side of the pond:D

Attachments

• 5-16-18 copper point 4.jpg
    5-16-18 copper point 4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 132
Welcome to the club!
Here is one I found last year.
You have a beautiful example of Old Copper Culture from the other side of the pond:D

I remember seeing that posted! I don't mean to seem ungrateful for what I have found, but I would rather have found a point! That is an awesome piece!

Back
Top Bottom