8 Silver. 1 Gold and a few Equinox Observations

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well because my hand was hurting and I couldn't do much with it but hold a detector, I decided why not? So off to some crystal clear water!! Yea right!

I did a lot of tinkering with the Equinox 800. First observation. For those of you that need numbers, FORGET THEM. I would be happy with no display, 50 tones and nothing else. Two of my dimes, 1 ring and a lot of other targets were so deep they gave a beep and absolutely no VID. Not unitll I dug pretty deep did I start getting a VID. Ok by me. I was digging anything that gave a sound.

One of those locker tags has the steel key fused to it. The other one not but it is attached. I have found them that way with the CZ's And the Tiger Sharks but these were pretty deep.

I still do not like how quiet it is diving with it. I really struggle sometimes to hear anything. I do have the threshold and target volume at max. I got more than one shoe eyelet but must have lost a couple. Chains are junk but they gave me signals and were also pretty deep.

Not a lot of finds but kept me occupied. Dimes are 1900 Barber and 1909 Barber and a 52 rosey. War nickel is a 1943 P. 1921 wheat and a 39 and 47 Jefferson nickel and a couple houses which were strange finds. Both are 1960. Top of a silver G man ring. I have only found aluminum ones before. I wish this one was complete. Three complete silver rings

Gold ring with ruby is 10K and a whopping .93 grams.

This thing really finds small pieces of foil deep also. Scoopers would have a blast chasing some of the targets I pulled up!

Thanks for looking.

Anybody ever drink Milwaukee Club Beer?

Last edited:
I never even heard of Milwaukee Club Beer, but that old cone top can is really cool!
Great job on all the other goodies too:D

Some great treasures there!! Starting to look like your normal hunts. Gold N Silver!!

:dingding:Congrats on the yellow and other cool stuff! That Milwaukee Beer looks like an old can of some type automotive oil. Very cool!

Another fine hunt! I am not surprised the eq sounded off and did not give a number reading, but good it did give a sound.

I was hunting today and also found a 1943P War nickel. Only 3 feet from a the edge of a playground with wood chips. Nice finds! Mine came us as a 21-22.

-D

Back
Top Bottom