Old town site 1 hr hunt

machineman

Well I hit up my old town site that I have been hunting. Its totally gone and I think all the buildings fell down and rotted in place leaving all the nails. Every hole has multiple nails in it. I used my GOLD bug pro 5" coil and set the tone break at 40. This is the best arrangement I have found yet for hunting really bad iron infested sites. I just run it slow and dig anything above 40. I had one good find its a french 1795-1804 cinq centimes coin. Its so badly worn I could barely id it. There are only 5 letters visible and the outline of the portrait and a wreath on the back. Still a really cool find. It came in as a crappy signal all over the vid from low iron tones to 80s, mostly 50-60. I dug 3 large nails out of the hole before I found it. I have been over this place with at least 6 detectors and found only 4 coins all of them were badly worn. 2 have been late 1700s french coins. No usa coins. Here is a video I made of the hunt. Its not very good but you can see how bad the iron is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_sE-8yw0U

Attachments

• Sg1014 finds2.jpg
    Sg1014 finds2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Sg1014 finds.jpg
    Sg1014 finds.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom