• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A solid silver colonial shoe buckle!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, this buckle and KG 2 are from a hunt I had yesterday, around some cellar holes nearby. Very quiet cellars, hardly any iron even. It was tough to find a headdstamp, that's how quiet this place was. Apparently they were wealthy to be wearing these shoe buckles. Down by the water out of nowhere I get a silver dollar signal...my buddy comes over with his equinox and says hes never even seen numbers that high on his machine, I want to say it was in the high 30's on his machine, it was a bouncy 93,94,95 on my AT Gold. I really thought it would be my first draped or capped dollar or something. Pop the plug, was maybe an inch deeper than my plug, I see the silver rim with the hallmark first... I knew it was silver but once I got it out my breathe was absolutely taken away... My first solid silver colonial shoe buckle, still intact! Ive found brass ones, but never one like this. Needless to say ill have to pay that place a visit again real soon. Its about a 2 mile hike in the woods to get to it. I'm confident No one has hit it. I think whoever lived there didnt live there long, too clean around there. Anywho thought you all would enjoy the pics, until next time, good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0921181645.jpg
    0921181645.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 699
  • 0921182015.jpg
    0921182015.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 555
  • 0921182018.jpg
    0921182018.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 642
  • 0921181346.jpg
    0921181346.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Thats an epic find. A solid silver shoe buckle frame is a once in a lifetme kinda find

That’s a hell of a deal right there Cellr,that could be worth some coin just from a “never seen one posted” standpoint. Some collector out there would probably be very happy to have that buckle, if you’re ever going to consider that route.
Someone had some damn ritzy shoes back in the day!:grin:

Wow! what a cool find, especially being silver...that's the real deal, bet it's not marked 925:lol:

Sweet!!! Very nice finds. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! what a cool find, especially being silver...that's the real deal, bet it's not marked 925:lol:

Thank you! Captain silver was able to search down the maker. I can't even believe this piece was made in America honestly. I definitely thought it was British. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-23-07-52-16~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-23-07-52-16~2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 416
Back
Top Bottom