Telescopic shaft (CTX3030) for Equinox

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Has anyone designed a telescopic shaft system like the ctx3030 for the equinox yet? I really like the collapsible design. My vehicle trunk is too small for a tall guy detector. An external coil wire is hard to wrangle trying to shorten and lengthen the stock shaft for travel.

Open to other shaft ideas for quick collapsing!

TheCoilist --

I produce a nice shaft for the Equinox; carbon-fiber with a good, secure, heavy-duty clamping cam lock (akin in performance and usage to the CTX 3030 clamping lock), that permits easy telescopic adjustment of the lower rod WITHOUT any need for the button hole/spring button design that is used on the EQX stock shaft. While this shaft keeps the coil cable on the outside of the shaft, lower-rod length adjustment is much easier/quicker without the spring button/button hole issue to deal with.

I am working on a prototype shaft that would include the cable INSIDE the shaft, but I'm not convinced (until I get one built, and tested) as to how well it will work -- because for an inside-the-shaft cable design, it's ideal for the cable to be coiled (and thus expandable/retractable). But I'm going to test it, to see how it works with a straight cable.

However, I do think my current shaft configuration would serve your needs (as I understand them) pretty well; it's a real nice shaft that customers have been happy with. I've sent you a more detailed PM regarding this; if you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

Thanks!

Steve -- Steve's Detector Rods

Last edited:
Has anyone designed a telescopic shaft system like the ctx3030 for the equinox yet? I really like the collapsible design. My vehicle trunk is too small for a tall guy detector. An external coil wire is hard to wrangle trying to shorten and lengthen the stock shaft for travel.

Open to other shaft ideas for quick collapsing!

I purchased one of Steve's. Excellent product, I highly recommend it.

Thanks. I’m in the process of attempting just that. I lack actual internet due to my rural location. About to log on now!

Back
Top Bottom