Urban Pirate's...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
101_0630-1.jpg

-

I need to fill in some blanks as a park hunter, whats missing here before I just stop digging the green tagged junk.
For example where would a large mens gold ring VDI
untitled.jpg

As the heat sets in I would like to pass over VDI's shown in green unless you guys see something horribly critical.

Hey! these new penny's sure make it nice don't they? Some day we won't dig pennies at all (they are all alone now) :lol: I'm just noticing repetitious patterns with what experience I'm getting in the park on a shallow hunt.

Oh sorry, aren't all VDI's standardized for the industry no matter what machine you use?

Anywho I'm useing Whites V3i which I would expect at least all whites machines with VDI display to be the same.

Oh sorry, aren't all VDI's standardized for the industry no matter what machine you use?

Anywho I'm useing Whites V3i which I would expect at least all whites machines with VDI display to be the same.

No they are not... my T2, 0 to 40 is iron...

Know what you're trying to do-but valuables and trash can mimic each other on any machine. Got tired, after 30 years, trying to prove otherwise.

Know what you're trying to do-but valuables and trash can mimic each other on any machine. Got tired, after 30 years, trying to prove otherwise.

Sure, I'll miss something but my percentages of not and still keeping up the pace and coveraged will have vastly increased over digging every target on those green tags.

Sorry to hear VDI's are not standardized for all equipment, thats and epic fail for the industry and the collective knowledge base for our hobby. That means every new machine I buy will require VDI taget ID recognition over and over again... silly :shock:

Sure, I'll miss something but my percentages of not and still keeping up the pace and coveraged will have vastly increased over digging every target on those green tags.

Sorry to hear VDI's are not standardized for all equipment, thats and epic fail for the industry and the collective knowledge base for our hobby. That means every new machine I buy will require VDI taget ID recognition over and over again... silly :shock:

Yep, every machine is different :yes:

My 705, Gold Bug, and MXT are all different. I keep lists of the different VDIs in my truck for reference...

Dusty

I have a Whites and these numbers seem good to me. My wedding ring is 14k and rings up at 40 on the dot since you were wondering. HH!

Hey friend, can you show us a pic of that 40 VDI gold ring along side a coin for size reference. I'd hate to miss such a find, but i'm glad to hear it's not dead center beavertail pulltabs or some other PT's. 34-38 VDI on the whites machine is going to disapoint me everytime.

I will limit the tag to the highest pulltab VDI I can find and make a new tag for your larger mens gold ring (say 39+)

You say you use Whites, can you confirm that new penny (shield on back) at 54-55 VDI. If you can for sure we are calibrated the same.

thanks
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg

Here you go......and I have not had they unfortunate opportunity to dig or scan over a shield penny, I do find that zinc pennies that were hit by a mower ring up at a 55. I dont dig anything between a 50 thru 65 as this is either zinc pennies or junk.

Attachments

• mding 012.JPG
    mding 012.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 280
  • mding 011.JPG
    mding 011.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 279
Thanks a bunch man, I wanted to get some high VDI pulltabs for my reference today but it was just too hot. When I do get a break in the heat I will refine this picture to include your big mens gold. I hope none of the PT's are over 39 then I can call it and break off clean for the larger gold ring.

Keep in mind this break down is not reliable if you are looking deep. I'm counting on sharp, clear VDI registration on shallow objects in low trash area's with all 3 frequency analysis in agreement to discriminate this easily.
But I cover a lot of ground when I hunt to make up for loss of deep items.

Back
Top Bottom