• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

felt guilty about not using my Vanq 540

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I have a Vanq 540 and Nox 800. Use the nox 800 99% of the time and have the 540 for backup because it has the same tones and TID range as the 800 and that makes life easy for me.

The 540 is a great beginner's machine and quite good. It is much more stable and quieter than the 800. Plus not much to fool with. I just select coin mode for greater separation and relic mode for greater depth. Both modes quiet and stable. A lot of this is due to the 800 is a hot, hot machine picking up every tiny little bits of metal in the ground. The 540 seems to ignore a lot of the little stuff.

Found some clad. a dime at about 10 inches, another dime and quarter at about 4 inches. Super quiet. You basically don't hear anything until you get some junk like poptops, pulltabs, foil and good targets. Both come in clear with the audio and stable in terms of bouncy ID's.

Not a bad machine for a beginner who wants to just basically turn on and hunt and not spend months and months learning the machine which is what will happen when a total newbie buys the Nox 800. Or he will give up the hobby.

I have a Vanq 540 and Nox 800. Use the nox 800 99% of the time and have the 540 for backup because it has the same tones and TID range as the 800 and that makes life easy for me.

The 540 is a great beginner's machine and quite good. It is much more stable and quieter than the 800. Plus not much to fool with. I just select coin mode for greater separation and relic mode for greater depth. Both modes quiet and stable. A lot of this is due to the 800 is a hot, hot machine picking up every tiny little bits of metal in the ground. The 540 seems to ignore a lot of the little stuff.

Found some clad. a dime at about 10 inches, another dime and quarter at about 4 inches. Super quiet. You basically don't hear anything until you get some junk like poptops, pulltabs, foil and good targets. Both come in clear with the audio and stable in terms of bouncy ID's.

Not a bad machine for a beginner who wants to just basically turn on and hunt and not spend months and months learning the machine which is what will happen when a total newbie buys the Nox 800. Or he will give up the hobby.

Mine is supposed to be here Monday. I bought this as a second machine as well. Being able to turn it on and go plus its stability is what I really liked about it. Taking it to the beach next month. Every video I have seen with a 540 on the beach has comments about how quiet and stable they are. Really looking forward to trying it out.

I called the Vang a beginners machine, but don't let that fool you. It is quite capable. I would put it up there just above Garrett AT series detectors and below the Nox 800. But on any given day, sometimes I get a little peeved at the Nox for being super sensitive to small pieces of metal. I am talking to bird shot sensitive and small pieces of rusted iron broken up in bits.

When you are coin hunting or relic hunting, you really don't need to be bothered with that smaller stuff. Yeah, good for small gold chains at the beach, but if you think about it those small chains are not really worth much.

I called the Vang a beginners machine, but don't let that fool you. It is quite capable. I would put it up there just above Garrett AT series detectors and below the Nox 800. But on any given day, sometimes I get a little peeved at the Nox for being super sensitive to small pieces of metal. I am talking to bird shot sensitive and small pieces of rusted iron broken up in bits.

When you are coin hunting or relic hunting, you really don't need to be bothered with that smaller stuff. Yeah, good for small gold chains at the beach, but if you think about it those small chains are not really worth much.

Have you ever had yours on a beach yet?

It's "horses for courses", being super sensitive to tiny targets is the Nox strong point for folk in Europe.
Your lucky in the US that your machine produced coinage is of uniformed size and shape and you have ID numbers for each coin type, it makes for less digging.

But on any given day, sometimes I get a little peeved at the Nox for being super sensitive to small pieces of metal. I am talking to bird shot sensitive and small pieces of rusted iron broken up in bits.

Attachments

• 20190831_112523-600x800.jpg
    20190831_112523-600x800.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 320
Not sure why the vanquish is being called a beginner machine, maybe your finds are that much better with a equinox? That's a hard thing to judge.
I've always wondered what I'd considered a beginner machine? One that is easier to set up and still gets the goods vs one that hasto be set up site specific and gets the same goods? Price lower and performs vs priced much higher and performs?
Lots of difference in price from the vanquish to the nox... I like both, and to be truthful I doubt I'd find anything with one the other wouldn't hit on... I think it's more about the driver than the machine when comparing those two

I run mine on the beach a couple of times a week. It's a great beach machine.

Thanks, good to hear. Almost every video I have seen of them on the beach looks the same, they turn it on and off they go. It seems to be very quiet overall. Have not noticed seeing it chatter much (if any) in ANY of the videos I have watched.

No, but will take it in October to the East Coast of Florida along with my Nox 800 to see how it performs.

We’re going to be headed to St Simons Island next month and I am planning on bringing the Vanquish along. Hoping it will be a good place to try it out.

My 440 vanquish picks up sone small pieces of metal and the tones are clear. I like it a lot. I use mostly in the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom