Finally got a real hunt with the Etrac and SCORE!

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Been looking at my manual and E-Trac book for the last two days and finally got out for a real hunt. The first day I got it and I just had to hit the slopes with no knowledge and got a little frustrated. After reading the manual and the E-Trac book. I called a friend who has an E-Trac and talked with him and copied the settings that he had on his E-Trac.

Got to my spot and within the first 2 minutes I got a real loud "flutey" sound that I had not heard yet. I thought, "Could this be the flutey sound that everyone talks about?" I checked the FE-Co and it kept going between 11-47 and 11-48. I thought to the detecting gods that if this was my first silver after only a couple minutes, then I was destined to use this machine. The machine said it was about 6-8 inches down and so I dug the plug. Hit it with the Pro Pointer and got a faint signal right in the middle of the plug. Whoever said pin pointing with the E-Trac was hard, hasn't really tried. I dug around the hole and lifted out the dirt and staring at me was the edge of a what appeared to be a big silver. Pulled it out and it was the 46 Washington.

I was completely ecstatic!

Within the next couple minutes I pulled the '50 Washington and two of the wheaties! So within about 20 minutes of detecting I had 2 silver quarters and 2 wheaties! Spent another 45 minutes hunting and found the Merc and the silver Saint Christopher Pendant and a few more Wheaties. Also, found a handful of Copper pennies that were from the '60's.

What a night. I decided to take off at about 8:30 and was swinging the coil on the way out and got a nice quarter signal about 6 inches down. Dug down and found the whistle. It looks like the old whistles that PE teachers used in the 60's. Neat find.

Well that is all for the night. Not bad for a little over an hour of hunting. Can't wait to get a full day detecting with this machine. Now that I know how to use it and getting accostumed to the sounds, I really believe that I will like this machine alot.

Hope you guys and gals enjoy the pics.

042.jpg

Greg

An Awsome little hunt

Sometimes you can hunt all day with that machine, and it may take days on end, to get another hunt like that, but whats really cool is knowing that machine will find more and more. I've had my E-Trac about two months now and read and watch video on the E-Trac's every time I get the chance. A great start..WTG

ETrac? You've gone off the deep end now.

I'm getting a new machine next week - still trying to decide. Maybe AT PRO and a pro pointer.. gotta get in the water.

Nice silver!

Sweet! I've found 10 silvers or so in the past couple months using my new E-trac. It's an amazing machine that'll find silver in some heavy trash.

Glad you got some silver!

Thanks guys. It really is exciting to learn this machine. I read my Sabisch book this morning and tweeked the sounds, discrimination pattern, etc and I think this machine is gonna be a beast for me on the silver.

Bob - That AT Pro I got is a definite winner. I highly recommend them and mine will be used for my foul weather hunting and river hunting.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom