Aviation button?

rustynail1

Forum Supporter
This is some type of aviation button obviously but what type? it has a stamp on the back which I'm having trouble figuring out I think it says 1815 MC ,It's not like a regular button on the back it srews into something I think Can somone help me out with this?

Attachments

• 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 252
Thats an interesting one Rusty, I wonder if 1815 is the date ?
If it were the date, it wouldn't be anything to do with aviation.
It would be about 90 yrs too early :)

Could it have a maritime connection ?

I recognized it immediately as a Civil Air Patrol button. It would've been used on the Service Dress jacket.

Civil Air Patrol uses uniforms that are very similar to active duty Air Force. One of the differences of the CAP uniform is jacket buttons.

Oops! They were called the Civil Air Patrol. Here is a link to a wikipedia article along with a picture of their logo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Air_Patrol
Thank you FXDiz for all the info Now I can dive even deeper, So far from what I've read the civil air patrol is still active and they played a big part in the recovery process after 9/11.

Thanks again
FXDiz

well, as you have already figured out, it is from a Civil Air Patrol uniform, but i figured i would include a picture i found online at Kellybadge.co.uk

Attachments

• J5L767.jpg
    J5L767.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 196
What is it???

I was in the Civil Air Patrol as a teenager, and it brings back lots of memories from 40 some odd years past. Thanks.

Charly

Back
Top Bottom