Cohen Bros Superbowl ad...

Cool car and commercial, but yeah...I have no idea who the guy is. From the gist, some older biker guy. And I'm 40... :laughing:

Peter Fonda from the iconic Easy Rider and his ride was Captain America!

Awesome thanks for the share!

Here the Panhead in all her glory

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 74
The movie is also a classic. Make the effort to see it, you will be glad you did!!

I saw a small part of it when I was like 10. My friends mother rented it one weekend when I was spending the night. We um, borrowed it...yeah, from her really late at night while she was sleeping and watched part of it in the living room quietly. I can't say which part, but 2 young boys fast forwarding (on VCR) late at night, and I bet you can guess which part.

We had to mark the tracking number on the VCR, so we could rewind back to the exact spot she left it at so she wouldn't know we watched the "dirty scene". We were so innocent! :laughing:

Supposedly 4 bikes were used on the set, three were thought to have been sold off for parts before the movie came out and the 4th was wrecked during filming.
There was an auction for that 4th bike that was rescued and rebuilt and certified authentic by the guy that played Grizzly Adams who was the bike wrangler for the movie but he had authenticated others in the past so nobody really believed this was one of the actual bikes except one guy....He paid $1.6 million for the thing.

Here in Birmingham we have the Barber Motorsports Museum, a world class mecca if you are into bikes from any era, style, configuration or brand.
They have one on display here too, again supposedly one of the original 4 that was rescued and rebuilt but who knows...still cool to stand in front of this thing copy or real.

Attachments

• Barber-Museum-Captain-America-bike.jpg
    Barber-Museum-Captain-America-bike.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 67
I think it's a cool commercial , but I had to wonder if the buyers they are targeting would get it ! Most of the generation he belongs to are well past their middle age crisis ! I would take that car and love it , but to be real , I would be buying Matthews Lincoln :grin: HH

I think it's a cool commercial , but I had to wonder if the buyers they are targeting would get it ! Most of the generation he belongs to are well past their middle age crisis ! I would take that car and love it , but to be real , I would be buying Matthews Lincoln :grin: HH

Not trying to take this off topic, but it is odd with the "young" talent like Lady Gaga performing the halftime show with "older" talent in commercials like this. I wonder what the ratio is of older viewers vs younger viewers vs international viewers? Many who "get" this commercial would probably be like "Gaga who?", while viewers who are all about seeing the halftime show would probably be like "what was that commercial about?"...

With all the attention to commercials , Lady Gag me , politics ; the Super Bowl and Football in general is taking a hit IMO . Commercials and halftime were ment for beer , food , pools , and pee breaks . Over the years anything I learned about the half time came from the news the next day . I wonder how many TV set are on to really watch football ? I'm from Buffalo , should hate the Pats , but our Buffalo boy ( Gronk ) helped get them there , so I want to see Brady shove a deflated football up the commish's backside !! The activist for all the various cause's have done a good job of screwing up most of our forms of entertainment . TV shows , movies , concerts , now football , all designed with a message and it is not enjoy the life you worked for ! It's bad enough we have to pay through the nose to make them millionaire's , we have to endure them telling us how to think . So young or old ,I'd like to know how many are really watching for the enjoyment of watching football . HH

With all the attention to commercials , Lady Gag me , politics ; the Super Bowl and Football in general is taking a hit IMO . Commercials and halftime were ment for beer , food , pools , and pee breaks . Over the years anything I learned about the half time came from the news the next day . I wonder how many TV set are on to really watch football ? I'm from Buffalo , should hate the Pats , but our Buffalo boy ( Gronk ) helped get them there , so I want to see Brady shove a deflated football up the commish's backside !! The activist for all the various cause's have done a good job of screwing up most of our forms of entertainment . TV shows , movies , concerts , now football , all designed with a message and it is not enjoy the life you worked for ! It's bad enough we have to pay through the nose to make them millionaire's , we have to endure them telling us how to think . So young or old ,I'd like to know how many are really watching for the enjoyment of watching football . HH

If you haven't seen the Budweiser commercial, get ready to puke. I literally screamed at the tv and said, "Just shut up and show the horses!" :laughing:

+1 , miss the horses , , I know I'm a dirty old man , what about the Cindy Crawford pop ( soda ) commercials . The only girl I 've seen so far is MM save the whale one :lol: advertisers are missing out on food commercials , all about Dorito's and Skittles now , what about us fat guys who love ribs , Ya know all the good stuff ! HH

Back
Top Bottom