Milk truck crashed looters

bergie

Forum Supporter
No respect

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 314
:laughing::laughing: Hey! I remember something! I think it was back in 1972?....give or take a few years, anyway, I was about the right age to go out and really cover some ground unattended....Maybe 13 or so...Well, one Icy Winter day, Dangerous driving conditions, School was canceled even, but me and my 'crew' were out running around none the less...

Just then, a Hostess delivery Truck lost control on the ice and went off the road, over the approach to a bridge, pretty big drop onto the frozen swamp below, the damn thing hit the ice sideways and exploded like a gigantic Hostess fruit pie pinata!...

The entire sugary contents of that truck puked out of there like a barfing Bonanza! Scattered all over the ice! Fruit pies and twinkies up the damned wazooo!

Well, of course, riding around, we just so happened upon this culinary kid calamity!! It was sort of strange at first...We sat off to the side as watermouthed waifish witnesses as the aftermath unfolded...Finally, the dust settled and all the flashing light Authoritys had left this succulent scene...We looked at each other...Now what do we do?

Lookat all those fruit pies and twinkies out there on the ice! Whats gonna happen to them? Is this 'stealing'? It was Me, my baby brother Percy, the Burkett twins Tim and Jim, Fudgie Fitzsimmons, Jonny Kutnick, and I think Balch....We were all fleet of foot and firmly mounted on Industrial Schwinns of course, with our paper route baskets empty!...(except for Kutnick, his folks were rich and he rode a banana seat 5speed AppleKrate for style)...

It was icy like I said, nobody was out, so yeah...In drooling trepidation, we wrestled with the "What to do?"... We knew there was a big chance one of us would fall through the shattered ice on the retrieve, but after a quick 'cost/risk' analysis and brief debate, we sent Percy out there in an exploratory expedition to test conditions...

Good Lord Almighty! Did we clean up! Old Man Martini who owned the local corner store didnt sell a twinkie or a fruit pie to any kid that lived in a 5 mile radius for about half a year!:laughing::laughing: The good thing is He didnt get shoplifted as much either, so in the end, it evened itself out...I bet we are all diabetics because of this one prepubescent intense sugar overload shock to our young systems...

Probably even Kutnick...Like I said, he didnt have baskets, but he improvised a bag by tying knots in his pant leg bottoms and rode home through the ice storm in his underwear! With his pant legs stuffed with pies and over his shoulders like some sort of shipwrecked starving submariner wearing a sugary kapok life jacket!

Funny thing..Kutnick didnt need to risk his Life to go out onto the ice to retrieve those pies...like I said, his folks were rich and he wanted for nothing...Its the challenge of a free meal I guess.....Even for myself, I cant pass up a free cake or pie to this day...some things in Life are simply irresistible....
Mud

Attachments

• july 12-15-1.jpg
    july 12-15-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

Cats hunt in packs but ducks are even smarter and have learned the art of distraction.

Actually ducks are pretty smart. I had a rabbit bagel that had pups during the winter pups always getting out in the snow. Had two full-grown ducks that stayed around the doghouse when the little pups got out they would put them back in. Comical to watch as they would use their beak to shove them back in. If the mother wasn't in there with them those two ducks would be in their huddled up with the puppies.

:laughing::laughing: Hey! I remember something! I think it was back in 1972?....give or take a few years, anyway, I was about the right age to go out and really cover some ground unattended....Maybe 13 or so...Well, one Icy Winter day, Dangerous driving conditions, School was canceled even, but me and my 'crew' were out running around none the less...

Just then, a Hostess delivery Truck lost control on the ice and went off the road, over the approach to a bridge, pretty big drop onto the frozen swamp below, the damn thing hit the ice sideways and exploded like a gigantic Hostess fruit pie pinata!...

The entire sugary contents of that truck puked out of there like a barfing Bonanza! Scattered all over the ice! Fruit pies and twinkies up the damned wazooo!

Well, of course, riding around, we just so happened upon this culinary kid calamity!! It was sort of strange at first...We sat off to the side as watermouthed waifish witnesses as the aftermath unfolded...Finally, the dust settled and all the flashing light Authoritys had left this succulent scene...We looked at each other...Now what do we do?

Lookat all those fruit pies and twinkies out there on the ice! Whats gonna happen to them? Is this 'stealing'? It was Me, my baby brother Percy, the Burkett twins Tim and Jim, Fudgie Fitzsimmons, Jonny Kutnick, and I think Balch....We were all fleet of foot and firmly mounted on Industrial Schwinns of course, with our paper route baskets empty!...(except for Kutnick, his folks were rich and he rode a banana seat 5speed AppleKrate for style)...

It was icy like I said, nobody was out, so yeah...In drooling trepidation, we wrestled with the "What to do?"... We knew there was a big chance one of us would fall through the shattered ice on the retrieve, but after a quick 'cost/risk' analysis and brief debate, we sent Percy out there in an exploratory expedition to test conditions...

Good Lord Almighty! Did we clean up! Old Man Martini who owned the local corner store didnt sell a twinkie or a fruit pie to any kid that lived in a 5 mile radius for about half a year!:laughing::laughing: The good thing is He didnt get shoplifted as much either, so in the end, it evened itself out...I bet we are all diabetics because of this one prepubescent intense sugar overload shock to our young systems...

Probably even Kutnick...Like I said, he didnt have baskets, but he improvised a bag by tying knots in his pant leg bottoms and rode home through the ice storm in his underwear! With his pant legs stuffed with pies and over his shoulders like some sort of shipwrecked starving submariner wearing a sugary kapok life jacket!

Funny thing..Kutnick didnt need to risk his Life to go out onto the ice to retrieve those pies...like I said, his folks were rich and he wanted for nothing...Its the challenge of a free meal I guess.....Even for myself, I cant pass up a free cake or pie to this day...some things in Life are simply irresistible....
Mud
Same here except it was a Pepsi truck pop bottles all over the hillside down through the woods. Those things sure are tough needless to say we did not run out of Pepsi for quite some time.:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom