• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Most valuable find thus far!

HOTCOIL

I decided to take FB out for a short run this evening after work. I just couldn't let such a beautiful day come to a end without gettin outside! Daylight savings time will RUIN the evenings soon enough! I went to another parking area at the high school that my son attends to give it a try. It is used for overflow parking at home football games and is usually full. I pulled in and parked in the center and started swingin toward the entrance gate 60yrds away. It was unusually clean for an area that has been used since the late 70s. 1st signal came in faint and somewhat broken but I decided to "limber up" so I dug in and out comes a nickel. Several crushed cans,a screw top and a beavertail tab later I hit a "smokin" signal that didn't dics. out till almost max. It sounded like a quarter so I cut a plug and scanned it. Not there! I scanned the hole and it blew the phones off so I went deeper still expecting a coin. At 7" down I scooped out a plastic trowel full and passed it by the coil and bang, there it is. I placed the dirt on my plastic sheet and carefully sorted thru it. NOTHING? I scanned it again and FB said "its right there Dude". I thought I had the sheet setting on top of something so I picked it up and scanned it again and it was on the sheet. I sorted inch by inch and finally I see a sliver of color and pick it out. As you can see in the picture it is TINY! I'm thinkin no way this is it but FB said it was the sexiest piece of high grade slaw in the world when I passed it over the coil! Amazing that something that size could sound off that deep and strong. I continued to the gate and had dug several pieces of clad and as the sun was going down I started back toward the truck. As I was stowing my gear something "pulled" me towards the other side of the field away from the gate. I walked over and saw something laying in the grass. When I got to the object I realize it is a cell phone with a dime laying on top of it! WTH is this doin here I thought? Then I remembered that this is the parking area for the girls soccer practice field. I picked it up and walked back to the truck. When I got in I opened it up and saw that it was working and had several text messages showing. I exited WITHOUT reading them and saw the name on the home screen was Morgan. I pushed the send button and saw that the last 4 missed calls said "Mom" and all since 4 pm! What to do? Did I want to call "Mom" and explain to her why a stranger had her daughter Morgan's phone or should I call the boyfriend Kyle, who had sent the text messages, and tell him what had happened? I decided that mom should know in case her daughter was not with her and she hadn't been able to reach her. I took a deep breath and made the call and when mom answered. I said "ma'am, this is Jim ---- and I found Morgan's phone, is she ok". Mom laughed and said "yes, she just got here from trying to find her phone at her friend’s house". I was relieved to hear that. I told her where I had found it and that I would send it to school with my son in the morning and she could claim it at the office. She thanked me and so did Morgan.
It was a GREAT evening!

Attachments

• IMGA0064.jpg
    IMGA0064.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 613
Great return! Now....inquiring minds want to know....Did you return the dime that was on top of the phone also???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Absoultly! Wouldn't keep that babies dime. Bad Karma! It was laying on top of the phone for a reason and I found it for a reason. When I dropped my son off this morning with it I told him to be sure and give the dime to her as well. On the way back home I pass an Ace Hardware and noticed them putting out a bin full of doors. I needed 2 interior doors for the house so I stopped. I got a 30" and a 36" 6 panel doors for $10+ tax! You tell me?:sweet: Here they are stood in place.

Attachments

• IMGA0065.jpg
    IMGA0065.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 473
  • IMGA0067.jpg
    IMGA0067.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 475
Back
Top Bottom