Tesoro Bandido II umax

bigstemz

Banned
Ok so this is a two part question

So i recently traded my garrett 1500 for this machine. The garret was a good machine just not for me. This Bandido II though seems sweet. It really picks up on the small metal and has a decent depth about it as well. Its easy as all get out to ground balance and i do it frequently while running it. Ive taken it out 2 or 3 times now in the past 2 days. Usually i run it on 10 Sensitivity and about 2 discrimination. If im hitting tons of can slaw in a area i will crank it up to about 4 & 1/2. But usually im running around 2. Also usually in discrim mode unless i get a iffy signal than i switch to all metal. Can anyone else share with me settings that you like or have used in the past. Any tips would be appreciated really.

Also im gonna look into bigger coils. I like the lil 8 in but i got this machine mostly for parks and the beach so id like a bigger coil. Ive read the widescans Or DD or better in mineralized soil. How are those huge 3x18" coils? I know alot of ppl like them. Do they work good/worth the money?
Once again any advice would be greatly accepted

thanks guys HH

I am not familiar with the Bandido but I am with the Silver uMax and Vaquero.

My sensitivity is always on 10 or even higher, in the orange area except when using the Silver uMax in a tot lot. There I crank the sensitivity down to three or even a bit lower. You have to keep from picking up the metal poles supporting the apparatus.

My discrimination when park and yard hunting is normally just below the nickle mark. If 'cherry picking' I'll crank it way up past the pull tab range.

Can slaw is something you really can't do much about. Generally can slaw is a larger target compared to a penny or dime and will really sing out. You can't discriminate it out. You've got to dig it.

bigstemz - my PM explained a lot of what I did with the machine....I forgot to mention one part though, "cherry picking"....I would often times crank up the discrimination to around 8....this would cut out almost everything but coins (except nickel of course)...with the fast swinging, I could cover a lot of ground and get the "good stuff"

hope you're liking the machine!! :)

Oh yeah

I really am! Especially it's sensitivity to small items! I love my etrac but I love to learn new machines. This bandido will keep me occupied for a long while. I'm gonna use it mostly in parks and beaches so I hope it will hit the small gold!

I am not familiar with the Bandido but I am with the Silver uMax and Vaquero.

My sensitivity is always on 10 or even higher, in the orange area except when using the Silver uMax in a tot lot. There I crank the sensitivity down to three or even a bit lower. You have to keep from picking up the metal poles supporting the apparatus.

My discrimination when park and yard hunting is normally just below the nickle mark. If 'cherry picking' I'll crank it way up past the pull tab range.

Can slaw is something you really can't do much about. Generally can slaw is a larger target compared to a penny or dime and will really sing out. You can't discriminate it out. You've got to dig it.

This is good info for me; I'm brand new to MD, just got a Vaquero and that is really close to the settings I'm using. Right now I'm testing the discrimination out by digging and identifying what it is and then tuning disc. to determine if it does what it's supposed to... and it does! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom