Nice little gold signet ring yesterday and some mystery jewelry

beachdude

Elite Member
Gold ring #16 for the year. An old 10K signet ring. Not too heavy but gold is gold!

goldring16.jpg

Also found this weird 2 ring thing with a chain. Not gold. One of the rings has a little stone in it. I wonder what it is for? mens shirt collar tie down? cuff link? really tiny handcuffs? I am getting a lot of coins out of this site from 1920's so I am thinking it might be some kind of fashion accessory from that period...

rings_on_chain.jpg

Signets and school rings are two of my favorite finds.. congrats on the ring... that little chain might be part of a watch chain or possibly ankle cuffs for a rat :D

Grats on the gold! Is this your first signet ring? Did you find it in the water? Inquiring minds want to know...

Grats on the gold! Is this your first signet ring? Did you find it in the water? Inquiring minds want to know...

I found these in Lake Ontario using my Dual Field. The site is littered with iron nails but I am using the DF anyway, digging small localized targets and avoiding double tone targets. It is a lot of work, but it is paying off.

It is my second gold signet, and I have also found a couple of silver signets at this hunting site. I will post pics below. I agree with what some of you are saying about signet rings - it is nicer finding them - they seem more personal. It is a shame that they aren't so popular to wear in these modern times...

Here is a really nice art deco gold one one I found a few weeks ago:

signet1950a.jpg

And the two recent silver ones:

pb_signet_ring.jpg

silver_ring12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom