• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sling

PaPa Smurf

Anyone out there use a sling, ..do they help??...after a swing the detector for 10 to15 minutes my shoulder I had broken starts to kill me....

sling

there is a guy out near Reno that makes a thing called the hip stick , much better than just a bungee, it puts the weight on your hip instead . I made my own version and it is a life saver and it makes for a nice level swing motion also you shoud be able to find him on line under Hip stick.

I use a Doc's Swingy Thingy. Arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis in my shoulders. With it I can hunt all day. Without it about two hours switching arms non stop. His new deluxe version looks even better.

I use one of those Original Detecting Buddy slings. The cheap attachment clip broke after the first outing but was replaced instantly with a carbiner (what it should've been in the first place).

What I really like about it :

1. The strap goes down the arm (not attached in the center of the chest or hip) Makes it the easiest to put unit off to the side when digging.

2. It's only $20 shipped.

3. Since it hugs the shoulder and goes down the arm, I can get through dense forest without it snagging branches.

4. I can swing the CZ-5 all day with it.

Now the sling is a GREAT idea!

I have a fair amount of hand-arm strength from first working an 80 lb guide dog and leather harness handle and now using a standard weight long white mobility cane (the swinging motion is much like a MD but with a narrower 'sweep') but I'll be out of practise when I get my machine. Come to think of it, I may add a couple small weights to my cane tip to build up my arm and wrist.

I think I'll look into that.

SageGrouse

Back
Top Bottom