Made a rookie mistake

Jose159

So today I had about 2 hours to get some detecting in ...so i headed for the mountain to try my luck at some old turn of the century logging camps. As soon as I started swinging I started to get hits with my Nox but they would disappear when I would double check them...This happened repeatedly and turning down the sensitivity didn't make any difference.After about 15 minutes and being super frustrated I finally realized that I put the wrong boots on and the boots I put on had steel toes :?: After mumbling a few expletives to my self.. I extended the rod and it helped a little but it was difficult to enjoy the rest of the time even though I found a few things

Funny story. Thanks for sharing. It takes a good man to admit to one’s mistakes. Believe me we all make them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha Jose good one. Don't feel alone. The guys where I used to work used to kid me about that all the time. I would stop and hunt on the way home and I did keep an extra pair of boots in the truck. And what Cellrdwellr said, yup forgot to turn up the sensitivity for almost the whole hunt. I remember thinking, man this patch of ground is really quiet. duh. Forgot my Lesche one time, was using it in the yard and didn't put it back in the pouch. But the best bonehead thing I did. I was detecting my nephews yard. He lives in a plan of ranch homes that are all exactly alike, two colors, red brick and orange brick and they alternate. First day I hit a bunch of targets in the front yard. Next day I go back and start hitting a bunch more targets, I'm thinking how did I miss all these. A while later a car pulls in the driveway, a guy gets out, I nod and say how you doing and his reply was what are you doing, I said Md'ng and ask what he was doing and his reply was I live here. Then it hit me, I said this isn't Justin's house , he said no Justin is 2 doors up. In my zeal to get back out I pulled up to the wrong house. Talk about embarrassing, I apologized, he laughed and said it was understandable. I just went home after that. And took a ribbing about that for a while. We learn from our mistakes, hopefully. Good luck. Mark

.......I finally realized that I put the wrong boots on and the boots I put on had steel toes :?:

......don't feel bad, I'm sure most (if not all) of us made our share of mistakes :lol:

......but you can be thankful you didn't dig really deep before realizing it, or did you ? :laughing: (just joking :lol:)
MD_steeltoeboots.jpg

.......more funnies at these links:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=236973

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3276506#post3276506

:mder: _____________ :digginahole:

Ugh that's the worst! I once hunted a very thick wooded section of an old park, for about 6 hours, on minimum sensitivity :laughing:

Can't tell you the many times when learning the Nox 800 hunted all afternoon with some settings really screwed up resulting in a very much de-tuned metal detector.

I did not follow the good advice for newbies to the Nox to STAY IN THE STANDARD MODES.

Can't tell you the many times when learning the Nox 800 hunted all afternoon with some settings really screwed up resulting in a very much de-tuned metal detector.

I did not follow the good advice for newbies to the Nox to STAY IN THE STANDARD MODES.

Hey, I STILL usually stay in one of the standard modes like "Park 1" or "Field 1", works for me so why not ? :lol:

Been there done that!
I was out this weekend for a couple of hours. I’ve recently hurt my back so I was not in the zone so to speak. I could figure out what was going on for two or three holes. I was having a h- -l of a time pin pointing. Than I noticed I was two feet away from a electric fence. The strange thing is I didn’t hear it with my detector. Just my pin pointer problem.

Back
Top Bottom