Deus 2 Experts Needed for Beach Programs

Savannah Harps

3 questions for the XP Deus Experts:
1. Why are the negative conductivity numbers for targets notched out automatically in all of the beach programs?
2. Why is there a threshold setting only in the pitch tones in the beach programs?
3. Why do the pitch tones perform differently than multi tones in the same beach program with the exact same settings within the program?

This is a video showing testing that I did on a tiny 10K gold earring back today and tested on both the Deus 2 and the Nox 800.

I thought the results were very interesting.

I guess no one is going to know some of this except for XP and their programmers.

However, on #1, No clue why they would notch out iron, however this might be the reason the D2 struggles with idenification on nonferrous targets that does not TID.

#2. No clue

#3 There was an early tester that touted "pitch" as being the best? But just as you have stumbled across this loss of depth in pitch. I see in another forum where a dirt-fisher just posted the same thing. There is no common sense to this.

This detector release feels like a work in progress.

I guess no one is going to know some of this except for XP and their programmers.

However, on #1, No clue why they would notch out iron, however this might be the reason the D2 struggles with idenification on nonferrous targets that does not TID.

#2. No clue

#3 There was an early tester that touted "pitch" as being the best? But just as you have stumbled across this loss of depth in pitch. I see in another forum where a dirt-fisher just posted the same thing. There is no common sense to this.

This detector release feels like a work in progress.

The expert will being making a video soon to downplay these concerns :yes:

1. Why are the negative conductivity numbers for targets notched out automatically in all of the beach programs?
2. Why is there a threshold setting only in the pitch tones in the beach programs?
3. Why do the pitch tones perform differently than multi tones in the same beach program with the exact same settings within the program?

This is a video showing testing that I did on a tiny 10K gold earring back today and tested on both the Deus 2 and the Nox 800.

As far as #1 i started figuring out something was up when all my programs had nothing notched. Then i was looking at iron on the beach and never heard it. There was a range where nothing ever hit on my hunts. Think it was 8 to 29? But i am green on the DeusII. Appreciate the vids you make. Likely run across you in your neck of the woods one day soon. May have to meet up and compare notes? What is wrong with that speaker though? Sounds like salt rotted something?

I been working on using some of this info including making gold field programs for the dry sand.

Another great vid info to try and use gold field. Been working on this program on paper for the dry sand.

You had your remote under water?
Which color plug was installed?
Are you using the red plug at all?
See this link. You may correct your speaker sounding like it does. Back to normal.
https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/faq/deus-ii.php

And will trash other detectors while so doing.
There is an old Southern Proverb. "If someone shows up in an ice cream truck and all they have is Turdle flavored ice cream, you might want to wait for another ice cream truck. Or they're gonna sell you some Turdle ice cream!"

I couldn't say why they designed it that way for the first 2, but for question 3 I'd say it because pitch modifies both volume and audio frequency based on the strength of the signal. So a tiny item like an ear ring back will only make a low slight sound with pitch mode. You could prove this by going into "expert" and adjusting the pitch mode up to make a higher sound on smaller objects.
This would be why it sounds so clean, all the same feedback is happening but the processing of pitch means you don't hear it. You could also test this by playing around with the threashold setting and see if you can hear the ear ring back as a break in the threshold.

You had your remote under water?
Which color plug was installed?
Are you using the red plug at all?
See this link. You may correct your speaker sounding like it does. Back to normal.
https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/faq/deus-ii.php

Wayne, I have been in the water twice with the D2 and both times the controller got no deeper than 4" below the water surface if at all. So the stock black plug is in it. I will not be needing the red plug since I don't dive nor will be going more than 12" below the water surface- unless a rouge wave comes and knocks me from behind while digging a gold target and sends me and my equipment head over heals.

I have seen comments where other people are having problems with their speakers as well.

I couldn't say why they designed it that way for the first 2, but for question 3 I'd say it because pitch modifies both volume and audio frequency based on the strength of the signal. So a tiny item like an ear ring back will only make a low slight sound with pitch mode. You could prove this by going into "expert" and adjusting the pitch mode up to make a higher sound on smaller objects.
This would be why it sounds so clean, all the same feedback is happening but the processing of pitch means you don't hear it. You could also test this by playing around with the threashold setting and see if you can hear the ear ring back as a break in the threshold.

Yeah, it makes sense. I have used the pitch program extensively on the D1 on land and understand it well. With the D2 on the beach, it seems as though Deus based there beach programs around pitch since there is a threshold setting and it is much more stable than multi tones. I didn't show it in the video, but I max out the pitch tone to 603Hz. In the video I messed around with threshold and the more that I engaged it, the shallower the signal got. But I can see how it could help give more information. I may play around with it more. I appreciate the feedback.

And will trash other detectors while so doing.

He has every right.. his IQ is way above ours... he is top dog when it comes to finding "might be gold" :lol:

He can trash me and my old school detectors but I will out hunt him on a saltwater beach... I don't care what he is swinging its more than the detector...

Good Luck Savanna and hope you get all worked out. Sorry to see several are having issues, I guess that comes with a machine that has more than the normal advances.

Was it ever determined if the D2 threshold was an active threshold, as many had doubted, or a faux threshold, only a buzz, just to satisfy those with wishes of an active threshold?

There is an old Southern Proverb. "If someone shows up in an ice cream truck and all they have is Turdle flavored ice cream, you might want to wait for another ice cream truck. Or they're gonna sell you some Turdle ice cream!"

Do you happen to know what it tastes like Larry? :lol:

Good Luck Savanna and hope you get all worked out. Sorry to see several are having issues, I guess that comes with a machine that has more than the normal advances.

I think in everyones race to get the deepest performance you can often come unstuck.
I run mine in full tones and hot as I can handle, and the ring I posted today was probably 14 inches in the sand.

I think in everyones race to get the deepest performance you can often come unstuck.
I run mine in full tones and hot as I can handle, and the ring I posted today was probably 14 inches in the sand.

That is a nice one, congrats! Full Tones with bone conductive headphones? If so, you are using the square tones as well, since the Deus will only allow square tones on the channel used for the bone conductive headphones. Are you using any disc? Are you able to start from the Beach Sensitive program and calm it down to using diving?

Back
Top Bottom