• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New but old?

VetDetects

Hello everyone. It seems I have finally found a solid group to chat with about the wonderful world of metal detecting.

My name is Andrew, I have been detecting for about 15 years now. Rocking my what now seems ancient etrac. They call me the clad commander around my town because I seem to only find clad. I am a veteran of the United States Army, I have 3 devil children, I am a full time volunteer at a local dog rescue. Lets see… I think that is about it. Oh yeah, I am from Kentucky (Eastern) and no… my wife isn’t related to me.

I look forward to making some friends here.

Welcome from CT. Thank you for your service and work with rescued animals. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome OP!

I believe at one time I was on another site along with you.
Until I got sent to band camp :laughing: No beans for me.

I don't miss it, it turned in to FaceBook 2.0.

Andrew, from another U.S. Army vet in Pittsburgh, Pa. thank you for your service and welcome to the forum. We have members here who are quite proficient with the E-trac and can probably help with a little tweaking to find silver. E-trac is still the king of silver so if you're digging clad maybe its the location. Good luck and good hunting. Mark

Welcome from North Atlanta. Etrac may be ancient but it is still a good coin hunter. I just bought a new CTX3030.

Finding just clad can be from two reasons. Possibly need better permission or just start digging the deeper coins. Where I hunt in Atlanta parks the clad level is 4-5" which is also the metallic junk level for pull tabs, pop tops, square tabs, bottle caps, can slaw and other such modern junk. Start digging the signals deeper than 6 or 7 inches and see if that helps.

I personally try to avoid clad when possible on the CTX. However some clad does sound like silver so it is impossible to avoid all clad but digging deeper signals improves your ods for finding silver coins.

Welcome from central PA. Just to let you know, some of us are less solid than others ( a bit flabby myself..... hahaha)

Clad ain’t all bad, I have been out and set a goal of one coin of any kind before I left( bad idea), some places you gotta scrape the noise off the top before you get to the good stuff.
Good luck from
Oregon coast

Back
Top Bottom