Oh me oh my, all you California hunters are in BIG trouble :

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
moving-to-california.jpg

:hornetsnest::hornetsnest::hornetsnest:

Whenever I visit family in Cali, I usually walk my elephant and have my wife wear a housecoat when driving me to the beach. So, that is why I am really concerned for myself and my fellow detectorists in California. According to California.com, it's actually easier to pass new laws than it is to get rid of outdated ones. Because of this, the state has some truly strange and specific laws. Here are 15 of the most bizarre and obscure laws still in effect today:

1. It is illegal for women to drive vehicles while wearing a housecoat in all of California
  2. San Diego homeowners who have Christmas lights on their houses past February 2 may be fined up to $250
  3. It is illegal to pour salt on a highway in Hermosa Beach
  4. It is prohibited to put anything other than cars in garages in Long Beach
  5. In Los Angeles, it is illegal to wash your neighbor's car if you have not received their permission first
  6. In Blythe, you can only wear cowboy boots if you own at least two cows
  7. It is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs between the hours of 4:00 and 6:00 P.M.
  8. In Arcadia, Peacocks have the right of way in all driveways and roadways
  9. It is illegal to grow oleander in Norco
  10. In Walnut, it is illegal for men and boys to dress as females without a permit from the sheriff
  11. In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course
  12. In Los Angeles, you cannot hunt moths under street lamps
  13. In Fresno, visitors cannot bother lizards at city parks
  14. Walking an elephant down Market Street in San Francisco is illegal unless the elephant is on a leash
  15. In Berkeley, it is illegal to whistle for a lost canary before 7:00 A.M.

Knowing is half the battle. Y'all abide by the rules or face the consequences!

Last edited:
DaviDs

You didn't tell him you found a cannon from the 1715 fleet, did you ? , Big guns , Big toys for boy's :?::shock::lol: PS KOB already surrendered to the White Coats , so disregard his replies , if he steps into duel sight ;):lol:

.... Here are 15 of the most bizarre and obscure laws still in effect today:....

DaviDs : And don't you know, that people have had their cars confiscated, their camels confiscated, their salt confiscated, etc... For breaking those laws. And tickets have been passed out. And people have gotten jail terms. All those things are DEADLY SERIOUS (they're "law" after all, right ? ).

After all, you don't want to give a black-eye to people who wash cars, catch moths, blow whistles, pour salt, etc....

Jail, tickets, and confiscations are IMMINENT for breaking any of those laws. Tsk tsk. :cool3:

moving-to-california.jpg

:hornetsnest::hornetsnest::hornetsnest:

Whenever I visit family in Cali, I usually walk my elephant and have my wife wear a housecoat when driving me to the beach. So, that is why I am really concerned for myself and my fellow detectorists in California. According to California.com, it's actually easier to pass new laws than it is to get rid of outdated ones. Because of this, the state has some truly strange and specific laws. Here are 15 of the most bizarre and obscure laws still in effect today:

1. It is illegal for women to drive vehicles while wearing a housecoat in all of California
  2. San Diego homeowners who have Christmas lights on their houses past February 2 may be fined up to $250
  3. It is illegal to pour salt on a highway in Hermosa Beach
  4. It is prohibited to put anything other than cars in garages in Long Beach
  5. In Los Angeles, it is illegal to wash your neighbor's car if you have not received their permission first
  6. In Blythe, you can only wear cowboy boots if you own at least two cows
  7. It is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs between the hours of 4:00 and 6:00 P.M.
  8. In Arcadia, Peacocks have the right of way in all driveways and roadways
  9. It is illegal to grow oleander in Norco
  10. In Walnut, it is illegal for men and boys to dress as females without a permit from the sheriff
  11. In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course
  12. In Los Angeles, you cannot hunt moths under street lamps
  13. In Fresno, visitors cannot bother lizards at city parks
  14. Walking an elephant down Market Street in San Francisco is illegal unless the elephant is on a leash
  15. In Berkeley, it is illegal to whistle for a lost canary before 7:00 A.M.

Knowing is half the battle. Y'all abide by the rules or face the consequences!

Add this one(A frog that dies during a frog-jumping contest cannot be eaten in the state of California)

That did it !

Looking at Florida property once again. (Edited by FelixtheCat - political remark).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at Florida property once again. (Edited by FelixtheCat - political remark).
Florida definitely has some perks. No state tax, revenue streams that are diversified, and an administration that strives to keep businesses open to ensure citizens can support themselves.

Housing market is pretty competitive. We have so many folks moving here for work or retirement that our city hasn't been able to maintain more than 5 homes available per week. The home builders here have transitioned to a sales model based on bids. They only release 60 homes per week and buyers must present a closed bid on what they are willing to pay for the home. The builders take the highest offer for each home and those that lost, can try to bid the week following.

Because of that, we've seen some homes list in the mid $500's and receive bids up to $1.2M. Crazy part is that the $1.2M is before they go to the design center (where they add all the extras and custom stuff). So its no surprise that folks have waited up 14 months to secure a bid.

My coworker bought a little 1,100 SF 3/2 with a single garage. He lives in a nice area but schools aren't the greatest. Five years ago he paid $104k. He has people walking up to his door and asking if he'd sell. Last year he got a written offer for $250k cash and last month got another realtor offer him $330k! He was excited, but said, dude, if I sold, there isn't anything cheap for me to buy.

We have family that bought mobiles homes in Sebastian. Actually, its a really nice area and master planned neighborhood. They bought one home 8 years ago for $20k. They bought a second home this christmas. It is almost identical but they paid $130k. I looked at the MLS for both homes. Back in 2008-09, both homes had sold for $8k and 9k.

Anyhow, just some crazy gossip for ya. If you can find a place, we'd love to have you. Especially because I know you wont' be any competition at the beach. bwhahahahaa. <JK>

DaviDs

Ya , I have been looking down there Port Charlotte, A1A Treasure coast , Melbourne Beach , found better deals in Port Charlotte , buddy of mine building a house on a canal / water front now , he paid 65k for 0.23 acre waterfront lot , now those prices have doubled , also a concrete sea wall is a must , his had a 2019 Concrete wall , if I moved there I would want water front with access to the gulf , or Atlantic ocean , on the A1A Sabastian bay side , out of my single league :lol: , yes I see mobile homes going for over 200k , a joke , the market will slow down , interest rates rise, inflation , you all have a jump in the market now for only one reason , people moving from blue states , everything will change in Nov., or 2024 , now I went all in on my place here , really I don't want to move again , and I do enjoy a change in seasons , happy hunting .

Ya , I have been looking down there Port Charlotte, A1A Treasure coast , Melbourne Beach , found better deals in Port Charlotte , buddy of mine building a house on a canal / water front now , he paid 65k for 0.23 acre waterfront lot , now those prices have doubled , also a concrete sea wall is a must , his had a 2019 Concrete wall , if I moved there I would want water front with access to the gulf , or Atlantic ocean , on the A1A Sabastian bay side , out of my single league :lol: , yes I see mobile homes going for over 200k , a joke , the market will slow down , interest rates rise, inflation , you all have a jump in the market now for only one reason , people moving from blue states , everything will change in Nov., or 2024 , now I went all in on my place here , really I don't want to move again , and I do enjoy a change in seasons , happy hunting .

Brevard county is booming due to all the space, aerospace, and tech companies relocating here. Search the north part of Indian River County and you'll find some deals ... mainly because there is still lots of farm land and no schools. So they have little communities scattered throughout. Its perfect for retires and lots of choices.

Tampa is awesome though, and its beaches are truly beautiful. Its crazy congested though, kinda like Miami. Properties in areas near tourist beaches are hard to find if you don't have a huge budget. One down side is the seasonal algae blooms / red tides.

If you find something on this side (Space Coast / Treasure Coast) feel free to PM me and I'll give you plenty of info on Pro's and Con's for each area.

Florida definitely has some perks. No state tax, revenue streams that are diversified, and an administration that strives to keep businesses open to ensure citizens can support themselves.

Housing market is pretty competitive. We have so many folks moving here for work or retirement that our city hasn't been able to maintain more than 5 homes available per week. The home builders here have transitioned to a sales model based on bids. They only release 60 homes per week and buyers must present a closed bid on what they are willing to pay for the home. The builders take the highest offer for each home and those that lost, can try to bid the week following.

Because of that, we've seen some homes list in the mid $500's and receive bids up to $1.2M. Crazy part is that the $1.2M is before they go to the design center (where they add all the extras and custom stuff). So its no surprise that folks have waited up 14 months to secure a bid.

My coworker bought a little 1,100 SF 3/2 with a single garage. He lives in a nice area but schools aren't the greatest. Five years ago he paid $104k. He has people walking up to his door and asking if he'd sell. Last year he got a written offer for $250k cash and last month got another realtor offer him $330k! He was excited, but said, dude, if I sold, there isn't anything cheap for me to buy.

We have family that bought mobiles homes in Sebastian. Actually, its a really nice area and master planned neighborhood. They bought one home 8 years ago for $20k. They bought a second home this christmas. It is almost identical but they paid $130k. I looked at the MLS for both homes. Back in 2008-09, both homes had sold for $8k and 9k.

Anyhow, just some crazy gossip for ya. If you can find a place, we'd love to have you. Especially because I know you wont' be any competition at the beach. bwhahahahaa. <JK>

You just have to know how and where to buy them at great prices.

Where is the law that states Tom gets 30% of all finds???

Bwhahahahaha :laughing:

You'd have to ask Tom :laughing:

.....all I know that the alleged law has been around for a while now :laughing:

Check it out for yourself:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3220848#post3220848

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3220980#post3220980

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3309046#post3309046

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3323042#post3323042

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3326005#post3326005

......hey, if nothing else Tom's alleged 30% "law" has added some humor to the forum :laughing:

Maybe he will submit a copy of that law for all detectors to see .:laughing: Sure he has copies on hand just to hand out to people detecting in his area .

.....all I know that the alleged law has been around for a while now.....

I only charge that much to hunt in CA. And yes, fellow CA hunters do indeed send me 30% of their silver and gold.

After all, we wouldn't want any "accidents" to happen. Now would we ? :dontthinkso:

Don't think of it as extortion. Think of it as "protection". I mean, it would be a shame if someone slashed your tires, right ? :shock:

I only charge that much to hunt in CA. And yes, fellow CA hunters do indeed send me 30% of their silver and gold.

After all, we wouldn't want any "accidents" to happen. Now would we ? :dontthinkso:

Don't think of it as extortion. Think of it as "protection". I mean, it would be a shame if someone slashed your tires, right ? :shock:

Tom only gets 10% from me because he knows I can BAN him! :p

Back
Top Bottom