Inflation ? What Inflation ?

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I was in the local Stop & Shop supermarket today and noticed they had a huge display of hand soap priced at TEN CENTS each with no limit on quantity. I bought 15 of them so I'll have all the hand soap I'll need for quite a while. These are large in size too, not like the small ones you get at one of those "Dollar Stores".

Attachments

• IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 245
What ? :shock:

My first thought was research to make sure there is not a recall due to ingredients, but a quick search shows they sell a refill of one brand at Walmart for "only" $12.99 :laughing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ESSENZA-Premium-Hand-Soap-33-8-oz-Refill-Citrus-Basil/262565328

.....now if they could only come back with the 5 cent candy bars I remember as a kid :laughing:

The Walmart refill has 33.8 ounces for$12.99. The ones I bought contain 16.9 ounces...exactly half of the Walmart refill. Simple math says two of mine equal the refill but only cost me 20 cents instead of $12.99
As far as those 5 cent candy bars coming back......I'd kill for a Nestle's chocolate bar right about now. I can't find them at any price around here. :mad:

I was in the local Stop & Shop supermarket today and noticed they had a huge display of hand soap priced at TEN CENTS each with no limit on quantity. I bought 15 of them so I'll have all the hand soap I'll need for quite a while. These are large in size too, not like the small ones you get at one of those "Dollar Stores".

Its because it doesn't sell... I tried it they did the same thing is SW CT its ok but I wouldn't buy anymore :lol: I landscape, I get dirty... I need industrial strength soap :yes:

Its because it doesn't sell... I tried it they did the same thing is SW CT its ok but I wouldn't buy anymore :lol: I landscape, I get dirty... I need industrial strength soap :yes:

I realize they're looking to dump an unpopular product but they never used to discount any discontinued items by that much in the past. I tried the soap and it made plenty of suds for me.
Now that the pandemic stuff is over, they also have a giant display of hand sanitizer priced at 10 cents each but they can keep it, I'm not buying.

I realize they're looking to dump an unpopular product but they never used to discount any discontinued items by that much in the past. I tried the soap and it made plenty of suds for me.
Now that the pandemic stuff is over, they also have a giant display of hand sanitizer priced at 10 cents each but they can keep it, I'm not buying.

Its over? Not in our state... its hot down here... even though I am vaxxed I still wear a mask because mornings I do caregiving for a elderly person... hospitalizations going up, 5200 more cases this week infection rate at 9% how is it over?

The Nestle's Crunch bars are still around but I don't really care for them. I loved the plain Nestle's bars and haven't seen them around for years now.

I don't like those crunch things either... I'm hooked on hersheys kisses right now :lol:

The Nestle's Crunch bars are still around but I don't really care for them. I loved the plain Nestle's bars and haven't seen them around for years now.

I had not really paid attention that the plain Nestle's chocolate bars were not around, and I liked them too, but in recent years I had been more into dark chocolate the occasional times I eat chocolate as the antioxidants in them are good for you.

Anyhow doing further searching trying to find plain Nestle's chocolate bars I saw web sites that said things along the line of being unavailable.

Also found a candy site that listed discontinued candy:

https://www.candyfavorites.com/shop/discontinued-candy.php

Its over? Not in our state... its hot down here... even though I am vaxxed I still wear a mask because mornings I do caregiving for a elderly person... hospitalizations going up, 5200 more cases this week infection rate at 9% how is it over?

Wow, that is definitely a reason not to let your guard down, and I agree it is better to err on the side of caution even if someone thinks it's not as bad, I can understand the confusion though as I have seen conflicting news reports as to how much need for concern there is.

As of this morning there are 210 people in the hospital in Connecticut with Covid. That's 210 out of 3.5 million. BUT......there's no need for you and I to get into another Covid debate.

10 cents? Wow, I would have picked up some just on the principle :lol:
I don't like the perfumy stuff though, so the lavender and sea? breeze would have been left, even at 10 cents.

As of this morning there are 210 people in the hospital in Connecticut with Covid. That's 210 out of 3.5 million. BUT......there's no need for you and I to get into another Covid debate.

+1 on avoiding Covid debates, we all have a right to our views, and I respect the right of others to have a different opinion, and some topics have already been talked out in the past :lol:

Nestle's milk chocolate was on the discontinued list. I get my chocolate fix from M&M's now but it's not the same. :(

I agree that the plain Nestles chocolate bar just seemed better than other brands of plain regular chocolate, even remember it tasting better than Hershey's to me. (not that Hershey's doesn't taste okay, just Nestles seemed better somehow)

You would hope maybe they'd at least sell the recipe and rights to another company if they no longer wanted to make it themselves.

When I hear the word Nestles I sometimes think of the commercials they had when I was a kid :laughing:
We always had Nestle's Quik in the house when I was a kid. I remember that it didn't really mix well in cold milk. We also had Nestle's Eveready cocoa which was used with hot water or milk.

I agree that the plain Nestles chocolate bar just seemed better than other brands of plain regular chocolate, even remember it tasting better than Hershey's to me. (not that Hershey's doesn't taste okay, just Nestles seemed better somehow)

You would hope maybe they'd at least sell the recipe and rights to another company if they no longer wanted to make it themselves.

Hershey's chocolate bars were OK but tasted a little different from Nestle's.
When I was a kid, I visited my grandmother quite often and the first thing I'd do upon arrival is open her refrigerator and there'd always be a six pack of Nestle's chocolate bars waiting for me.
Back in the 1950's there used to be a chocolate bar that tasted as good as the Nestle's and the only place it was available was in one of the local movie theaters. Whenever I was at that theater I'd get one. It was called "Old Sol Bar"

Back
Top Bottom