getting permission for a park?

TheBandit

Today went to a park that holds weddings and other functions. Sharing land to the city park. This I didn't know. I was out swinging in thecold and wind. A guy approached me and asked what I was doing. I said trying to enjoy a not so great day weather wise. Who the F gave you permission? No 1 I guess just a lady from our church said she lost her ring at the park during a wedding. I apologize as I didn't mean to offend or disrespect anyone then introduced myself and after that he was all good and said people have been disrespectful. I asked MDers? He said no but by the cemetery there was a old dump and people have been digging for bottles... I showed him a plug and pulled out a pulltab then replaced the plug made it look nice and said thats as deep as I go and I take all trash with me. I then asked if I should leave & he said heck no you are fine and good luck. He came at me hard but be prepared for these types with good vibes. I just hate when people come at me hard as it takes so much more energy to be nice and not combative. Hope this helps you out. HH and Dig everyday.

....Who the F gave you permission? .....

Bandit : Interesting story. Thanx for sharing.

You would be surprised at how many people would take the initial stink-eye, and this type initial greeting, and merely slink away. And would therefore assume : "Oh no, the parks here are off-limits". :roll:

And then guess what happens ? They post on-line that "such & such city is off-limits". Or they "rush to city hall to seek clarification", etc.... And before long, YOU CAN NEVER PUT IT TO REST !

But as your post shows, that not every stink-eye or scram constitutes gospel law, or off-limits, or whatever. Sometimes it just means to small-talk the person (and they change their tune, as in your case). Or to simply give lip service. And come back later when said-singular-busy-body isn't present. :roll:

This is how it is in small towns in Mn. So protective yet so destructive. The ground is horrendously full of trash. It is actually frustrating to detect the dirt. Especially if you dont skip targets. You will get 3 feet in a hour. So the hobby is already difficult then this on top. No wonder so many detectors sit in closets.

When I first got back out 14 years ago, I called an adjacent town and spoke to a city park clerk. “You’re asking for permission? No one does that, they just go to the parks!” We have around 30 or 40 city and county parks where I live, I’ve hunted them all without requesting and never had an issue, just make sure I’m neat with plugs and get rid of any trash.

When I first got back out 14 years ago, I called an adjacent town and spoke to a city park clerk. “You’re asking for permission? No one does that, they just go to the parks!” ....

You got lucky on the Russian Roulette whimsical-mood game. The other potential result could have been a simple "no". Because perhaps whomever you spoke to has images of geeks with shovels. Or because they're having a bad hair day. Or they think it bothers earthworms, etc.....

Back
Top Bottom