Hello from Atlanta, using Minelab Gold Monster 1000

ProspectorJason

Hello,

I'm Jason and I recently purchased a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 to search for gold items. The laws in Georgia are very restrictive for legal metal detecting. There are still a few places to prospect/treasure hunt, but with additional legal provisions. I also joined GPAA.

Thanks for having me here!

First welcome to friendly metal detecting forum

you picked a good detector for detecting gold I also own one but I use it only to detect for small gold nuggets in Arizona it is a very very hot VLF detector for gold hunting

the one thing that I do not like about the GM 1000 is how top heavy it is which makes it vary frustrating when trying to find your target in your plastic scoop, I eliminated the falling over by making a stand out of 1/2 inch pvc fittings, if I can find the photos I will post up the stand I made

i used 2-1/2 in tees and I believe 4- 1/2 in 45s and some short pieces of 1/2 in pvc pipe
the vary first 1/2 in tee I used a drimell tool with a cutting wheel to cut the tee so it would snap onto the shaft of the GM1000

Im about 8 mi outside of ATL for work for the next 5 wks and brought my CTX to hit areas. To be honest.... I'm scared to even bother. It's ghetto as hell out here. I've been looking all over with a 50 mi radius and I don't see any towns safe to hit. Just park hunting btw....

Back
Top Bottom