First bottles of the new season.

10-4 Gary.
I have one of those Blacklights with the 8" tube that I picked up at the local Goodwill and though it's not too powerful, it's amazing just the stuff in the house that glows, even paper items. I'll have to play around with it more.

That is neat Glasshopper !

In case you're not aware already, please be very careful not to accidently shine UV light directly in yours or anyone's eyes as it can be damaging to eyesight.

Shortwave UV is more dangerous than longwave but be careful with either, there are even clear plastic UV blocking glasses designed to protect eyes from UV, especially important with shortwave UV, even UV reflected off a shiny surface can be harmful. (I've even read a warning to avoid shining strong shortwave UV on your skin)

(not meant to alarm anyone, just some words of caution to those not yet aware)

....anyhow, I know what you mean that even paper items can glow under UV in a dark room, read thru that thread for other neat examples.

.....and if you're prepared to be surprised, shine a UV light in the dark around your kitchen and also around your bathroom fixtures, what might look really clean in regular light might surprise you under UV :shock: :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom