Deus 2 update help needed

kweis

Elite Member
Trying to update my D2 from they're web site and keep getting an error message : "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to open the update page. What does this mean? The update is just to make the TID numbers bigger which isn't that big a deal to me but supposedly they tweaked the full tones slightly also maybe. Thanks for any help provided.

Trying to update my D2 from they're web site and keep getting an error message : "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to open the update page. What does this mean? The update is just to make the TID numbers bigger which isn't that big a deal to me but supposedly they tweaked the full tones slightly also maybe. Thanks for any help provided.

You live in contintental USA ?
If so.
Send me private message with your phone number.
I’ll call you and try to help.

Least I can do.

TN, I'll send you a pm in a little while. But just to add the computer won't recognize the control box which may be a part of the issue. Believe windows 10 is on the computer not 11 which may mean since D2 came out after windows 11, 10 won't be able to recognize it? I'm not very computer literate so...............

TN, I'll send you a pm in a little while. But just to add the computer won't recognize the control box which may be a part of the issue. Believe windows 10 is on the computer not 11 which may mean since D2 came out after windows 11, 10 won't be able to recognize it? I'm not very computer literate so...............

I used windows 10 and updated my unit. I just updated the remote though.

TN, I got it to work somehow. Both the the control and headphones are updated now. The headphones took a while to figure out how to get to the update mode though. Thanks for the help offer!

Did the update delete your custom programs? I had heard elsewhere that it did, and just wanted to know one way or the other before I updated myself.

randy, I'll have to check. Know it does on mu D1. Pretty sure it did on my D2 as well. To me that's a disappointment so unless the upgrades are beneficial to me, I'm reluctant to do them. The only reason I did this upgrade was that Gary B said he thinks they tweaked the full tones to make them more palatable. I don't need bigger TID numbers on the screen.

Just a side note if you update your backphones you will need to re-pair with the controller.

randy, I'll have to check. Know it does on mu D1. Pretty sure it did on my D2 as well. To me that's a disappointment so unless the upgrades are beneficial to me, I'm reluctant to do them. The only reason I did this upgrade was that Gary B said he thinks they tweaked the full tones to make them more palatable. I don't need bigger TID numbers on the screen.

Thanks for the reply. My programs aren't so built out yet, so I will run this test in the next few days.

But, if an update does delete custom programs, this will be a huge disappointment for me, as I plan to build out a few beyond the basics.

We'll see. I have just heard this elsewhere, and have yet to see it confirmed by any other D II user yet. Here's hoping that it is not an issue.

An update on the update: The update does erase any custom programs you may have saved. An odd thing is that my D2 actually came with two additional programs which I heard were duplicates. I never went into those to verify that. Also heard that when you update those duplicates would go away. Well on of them did not, the FAST 40. I can't remember the name of the other program. I'm assuming the FAST 40 is a duplicate of the FAST program but not sure. Will be comparing the two here shortly and report back. Or someone else can if they already know.

Okay, the FAST 40 is set up different than the FAST program. Not by much though. Compared to FAST it has a slightly higher discrimination of 6.6 and uses two tones instead of pitch. Don't know what the "40" is supposed to represent in the program name, maybe frequency? Although it does not display a frequency in the menu. We'll that's all. Hope this helps.

An update on the update: The update does erase any custom programs you may have saved.

Yes it does. I set up a custom program in slot 15, did the update, and my slot 15 program was gone. I invite others to verify this simple test for themselves (but before doing so, read posts on perhaps the update reduces depth; one was posted to this forum). As it stands now, I can't move forward with the machine as I was one plank at a time building what I liked for what I do into custom P 15. I don't want to re-enter all this stuff after each update.

A note on the update, it is hard. A couple of things I have learned. Download the software before connecting the USB, not after. Otherwise I could not get it to work. The manual does not describe the proper way to navigate to the update. One thing that was really confusing was that it still said V 0.6. Apparently this is normal. I found the following video useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhN-BfFzjA

Last edited:
I had a hard time too. My desktop just wouldn't see the remote or WS6. I ended up downloading it on an older (Win10?) laptop that hasn't been turned on in a while.

After I downloaded the updater from XP and following the directions on the updater step by step, it seemed to work like in the YT videos.

--Matt

TN, I got it to work somehow. Both the the control and headphones are updated now. The headphones took a while to figure out how to get to the update mode though. Thanks for the help offer!
How did you get it to work? I've tried the Deus 2 updater on 3 different Windows machines ... two running Windows 10 64-bit and one fresh out of the box running Windows 11, and all 3 machines produce the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

How did you get it to work? I've tried the Deus 2 updater on 3 different Windows machines ... two running Windows 10 64-bit and one fresh out of the box running Windows 11, and all 3 machines produce the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Yep, I think the controller can't be plugged into the computer until the update is loaded and running on your PC. Think it's the only way the computer will recognizen/accept the devices. I'm running windows 10 so that shouldn't be an issue. Watch Gary's tutorial on this on utube might help.

Yep, I think the controller can't be plugged into the computer until the update is loaded and running on your PC. Think it's the only way the computer will recognizen/accept the devices. I'm running windows 10 so that shouldn't be an issue. Watch Gary's tutorial on this on utube might help.
Makes no difference on the laptops I'm using. I can run the updater with nothing connected and the error still occurs.

This is really odd to me, since almost nobody seems to have issues running the Deus 2 updater, yet on 3 unrelated Windows laptops I get the same error.

I kept getting a message that the pc doesn’t recognize the USB port for the update. I just clicked beyond it and all worked. Windows 10 BTW.

Back
Top Bottom