Deus 2 aftermarket headphone options

Wischeese

What are my options for aftermarket headphones that will accept the WS-6 puck.

I see that Grey Ghost and Quest both have options. Anyone else I should consider?

Last edited:

I see that Ghost Grey and Quest both have options. Anyone else I should consider?

I have the quest for Deus 2. If you go this route. And the headphones you receive haven’t changed any. Ws6 module will fit, but won’t lock properly.
So I did a small mod on mine to remedy. Ws6 module locks on headphones nicely now.
Here’s video I did showing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZ2fo7olZQ

I see that Ghost Grey and Quest both have options. Anyone else I should consider?

No other headphones will compare to the Grey Ghost as they are -24Db rated.

But WHY rely on a rechargeable puck that could fall off, run out of power? If you have a quality set of phones already, just get a jumper made up!

Last edited:
I have the quest for Deus 2. If you go this route. And the headphones you receive haven’t changed any. Ws6 module will fit, but won’t lock properly.
So I did a small mod on mine to remedy. Ws6 module locks on headphones nicely now.
Here’s video I did showing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZ2fo7olZQ

Thanks for sharing the video. I saw an Iffysignals video where he mentioned you and the mod.

No other headphones will compare to the Grey Ghost as they are -24Db rated.

But WHY rely on a rechargeable puck that could fall off, run out of power? If you have a quality set of phones already, just get a jumper made up!

Thanks for the tip about Grey Ghost headphones.

Can you explain what a jumper is? I don't know what that is. I don't have a nice pair of headphones yet so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the tip about Grey Ghost headphones.

Can you explain what a jumper is? I don't know what that is. I don't have a nice pair of headphones yet so I'm open to any suggestions.

On the back of the Deus 2 there is a headphone plug in connection. You can get a jumper made with a plug that fits into the back of the Deus 2, and ends in a 1/4 or 1/8 jack [whatever your headphones are] I am not talented enough to do this, so I have others do this for me. The Deus connection would be waterproof, and the 1/8-1/4 jack is not. So I get them made about 28" long to keep that out of the splash zone. However with several layers of black electrical tape nothing will get to the 1/8-1/4 jack.

GOOD headphones ARE CRITICAL to learning a machine.

Also my headphones can be used on other machines, like the MDT, Equinox and others....all they need is a jumper made. HH

Back
Top Bottom