Just a good little hunt

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I got permission from a realtor to hunt a couple older houses that they rent. One was built back in the 20's I believe and the other in the 40's I'm guessing.

The older of the two just gave some wheats..... I thought for sure I'd pull some silver. The other house produced a bunch more wheats and 4 silver dimes!.......three of which I found in a row.

Everything was really shallow today so a couple of the coins got a little nicked.

All in all not a bad couple hours of detecting!
eb004aa580470e4fceaf4c570f3d5e89.jpg
ae77c6320e2b511b17e8ceec75793f1d.jpg
b9db8d59db60ed1e995126f983197428.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Great digs! Too dang hot here. The way things are looking it'll be September before I get in significant detecting time. Congrats on the silvers and other finds!

Good going -

That's more than a little hunt. I have had luck with realtors also. Do you ever look into detecting HUD houses ? Steve in so la

Great digs! Too dang hot here. The way things are looking it'll be September before I get in significant detecting time. Congrats on the silvers and other finds!

Thanks man! I was kind of bummed after only getting the wheats at the first house but my day was made at the other one.

That's more than a little hunt. I have had luck with realtors also. Do you ever look into detecting HUD houses ? Steve in so la

I've never checked out HUD. I try realtor from time to time with decent luck...... I just wish they had more older houses! I need to get my courage up and go do some door knocking in the old part of town.

hud

Hud houses are for sale by the US govt - for those who didn't know. They were repossessed, fixed up and put up for sale. They have a realtor handling them so look for one to approach about detecting. I have done this in the past with good luck. You can get a listing showing addresses of each by going online or going to their local office. I look at addresses that are in areas that produce more goodies. Another way of saying low income ones. Good luck, Steve in so la

Hud houses are for sale by the US govt - for those who didn't know. They were repossessed, fixed up and put up for sale. They have a realtor handling them so look for one to approach about detecting. I have done this in the past with good luck. You can get a listing showing addresses of each by going online or going to their local office. I look at addresses that are in areas that produce more goodies. Another way of saying low income ones. Good luck, Steve in so la

Thanks for the info Steve! I'll have to keep an eye on that. I often go on the property maps site for my city and look for houses and lots owned by the city......thats where I scored that old silver lighter case.

Nice hunt! Congrats on the finds! :)

Thanks X! I just realized there was almost as many wheats in that second yard as there was silver...... I've never seen that happen. Usually the silver coins are around 25% of the total wheats I find in any given place.

Excellent hunting! All four silvers have mintmarks too that's pretty awesome too! Congrats!

Thanks cellr! I hadn't gotten to do any longer hunts in the past few weeks due to hanging out with my wife and kids, work and weddings so it was nice to get a few hours in today. I didn't figure I'd come home with that many wheats and silvers though!

Bummed

Thanks man! I was kind of bummed after only getting the wheats at the first house but my day was made at the other one.

I look at it this way, instead of being bummed about not finding anything at a hunt site, I tell myself "now I know there is nothing at that site, and now I don't have to wonder what could be there". It works for me. Congratulations on the finds at the other site. I love merc's, rosies and wheaties.
HH everyone

I look at it this way, instead of being bummed about not finding anything at a hunt site, I tell myself "now I know there is nothing at that site, and now I don't have to wonder what could be there". It works for me. Congratulations on the finds at the other site. I love merc's, rosies and wheaties.
HH everyone

Good call! I sometimes think of sites that way, just another place I can check off the list.....after digging up all the goods that is.

Great hunt and great photos. Obviously you're someone who knows how to take macro shots, which, as a hobbyist photographer on the side, I can really appreciate. Those silvers are fantastic. I have yet to find a silver Rosie! :?:

Great hunt and great photos. Obviously you're someone who knows how to take macro shots, which, as a hobbyist photographer on the side, I can really appreciate. Those silvers are fantastic. I have yet to find a silver Rosie! :?:

Thanks Triad! Honestly, I take all my pictures with my Samsung Note5..... It's got a heck of a good camera! Just takes a steady hand to get those nice close ups minus a few blurry pics here and there of course.
On another note, that's pretty crazy that you've never dug a silver Rosie! Those things are everywhere it seems like! Judging by your finds you must be digging some old dirt.

Back
Top Bottom