Found Gold this Morning!!

Using Prospector mode on the 705 with the HF Elliptical will get you a good signal on that chain, I like to use it on beach volleyball courts .
I've also gotten a signal while in AM on a thin gold chain with the Elliptical, but they are just barely covered with sand and VID 2/-2 giving a null one direction of the coil and a tone on the return.
DL
I only have the 9" coil but air tested it and picked it up very easy up to about 3 " I really need to learn my 705 better. Thanks for the info DL!

I ran the coil about an inch above on all metals. I've heard that the Compadre detector would the one to get that will pick up those small chains. What do you suggest?

It's actually kind of weird, but depending on what frequency the detector is running at some are better than others at picking up certain metals. That's why some hit silver hard, and others crush gold. They generally all will pick up finds of all sorts, just some are geared more toward certain things.

Then you have the multifrequency detectors which can run much more stable despite soil mineralization and pound everything underneath them.

It's actually kind of weird, but depending on what frequency the detector is running at some are better than others at picking up certain metals. That's why some hit silver hard, and others crush gold. They generally all will pick up finds of all sorts, just some are geared more toward certain things.

Then you have the multifrequency detectors which can run much more stable despite soil mineralization and pound everything underneath them.

Thanks for the info, MrNovice It's getting cold out here in Mi. Went out this morning 45 degrees, just perfect for detecting, got a bunch of clad and one wheat cent. Sure missing the silver.
H.H.

Good job on the eyeball find.. I have found a few gold chains that way... as I mentioned in a PM to BuscaPlata most of our detectors we use can only see 1 link of a chain at a time or the clasps if the are big enough... I have a friend who found a 92 gram 14k chain and he told me he almost didn't dig it because it sounded like junk...

Congrats on a great save! It's finds like that which make me feel pretty lucky for being in the right place at the right time...... not everyone has a detector, but they all have eyes! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom