Coinstar Machines

Lucky streak

I love checking these machines now!

About a month ago- a 1964 rosie, brilliant uncirculated at the Safeway, of course I rubbed it in my wife's face (almost literally) since she gets embarrassed with me and scolds me like a kid when I go to look.

A week ago- $4.25 in quarters at Wally's, I looked around to see if anyone was nearby and waited 20 seconds or so, felt nervous almost like I was stealing when I scooped them out, glancing around nervously for someone to come up and say "hey those are mine!":foottap: Rubbed wife's face again :lol:

Crowd

Went to the store today and there was about 5 guys standing around pretending like they were reading magazines. :grin::grin: Could see a see a big fight at the coinstar after somebody leaves :laughing::lol::laughing::lol: Now look what you started........

Hat trick for me over the last few weeks. First a Merc, and then a few days later a Rosie and then today, another Rosie. This after about a year of no silver in the reject slots.

We have one of these types of machines at the bank I use to deposit your change. A lady using the machine in front of me had a bunch of coins reject several times and when she gave up and finished asked me if I wanted them. I said sure! she handed me about 8 euros worth of coins.

Did some shopping and thought, what the heck, I'll check the coinstar. Well it's more than I was expecting anyways. A 1930 Wheat and a 2010 Canadian dime.

Attachments

• 14445754_10155266645729097_1198674418_n.jpg
    14445754_10155266645729097_1198674418_n.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 584
An oldie , but a goodie . Did a check also , and the guy that started the post hasn't been back on here since 13 , Feb. 2013 . Maybe he won the lottery .:D

Man I'm addicted to checking coinstar. Everything I go to the store that's my first stop. I've been looking for around 2 years. To date I've found 5 Rosie's, 2 silver Washington's and 2 steel Wheaties on top of some clad and foreign coins.

I posted about this earlier....I used to work for an armored truck company and I had about 85 CoinStar Machines.

Here's a Tip: Some people put balled up paper or a towel shoved up into the return/rejected coin chute. ****I AM NOT SAYING TO DO THIS!!!**** I am telling you in case you want to check to see if someone has done this. Then, if someone has done this, simply pull out the paper (or towel) and get all the coin that is backed up in there. I have found MANY like this.

I would say at least let the Store Manager know that someone is blocking the chute so they can be aware.

I posted about this earlier....I used to work for an armored truck company and I had about 85 CoinStar Machines.

Here's a Tip: Some people put balled up paper or a towel shoved up into the return/rejected coin chute. ****I AM NOT SAYING TO DO THIS!!!**** I am telling you in case you want to check to see if someone has done this. Then, if someone has done this, simply pull out the paper (or towel) and get all the coin that is backed up in there. I have found MANY like this.

I would say at least let the Store Manager know that someone is blocking the chute so they can be aware.

Thanks for the heads up . It always amazes me how people can figure out all these ways to get something for nothing , or cheat people or businesses . It seems like if they would put that mind to work for more legitimate purposes , they would fare a little better .

Got these today from coinstar. A few foreign coins, '42 wheat, and two '59-D Rosies. About 3 bucks in clad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 603
Related to a previous reply, although not Coinstar related.
People who work in car scrap yards, can make a fair bit of money by finding
the coins that fall down under seats of old cars.

E St

Not exactly relating to coinstar machine, but to the previous post....
When KT worked for a living, He often got to go to His state's redistribution center. They always had numerous cars and trucks for sale. One day KT spotted a corvette on the lot and asked about it. It had been a drug enforcement vehicle that the State Police had confiscated from a drug dealer. They repainted it and used in drug stings...repainted several times until it became known locally, so had turned it in to sell. Having never set in a corvette, KT decided He wanted to sit in it. After sitting there for a few seconds, KT got this funny feeling, and decided to reach under the driver's seat...felt something and pulled out a pistol holdster...no gun, but a holster! Unfortunately it did not appear to fit any pistol KT owns, so He just set it on the passenger's seat and vacated the vehicle!

KT has often wondered if that holster had contained a pistol what He might have done with it! :laughing::laughing:

About two weeks ago I checked the Coinstar in a local store. Five Kennedy halves, one a '64-90% silver! On melt weight-over $16.00 for the five coins.

Back
Top Bottom