1876 CC Quarter - First Seated

redrum854

I found this in the same park as the 1794 Penny I posted a while back, she was about 4 inches down laying flat under a flat stone, I couldn't believe how preserved it was coming out of the ground, still need to clean it up a little.

Does anyone know what it's worth in this condition, and how I should clean it up?

Thanks for looking! I love this hobby.

Attachments

• obverse_crop.jpg
    obverse_crop.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 598
  • reverse_crop.jpg
    reverse_crop.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 594
Just a little soap and water with a toothbrush. Those CC coins are hard to find. Congrats on your first seated quarter.

That's so awesome. I would LOVE to find any CC coin. Tough feat in the northeast.

It looks great! If you want to retain the highest value, don't clean it. Awesome find!

If you clean it ..then it's a "cleaned coin" ..Which reduces it's value but you may only mean the little bit of dirt. Wonder if you can blast the dirt off with a water pick or something..Brushing may scratch it up. Someone more coin savvy can probably tell you better than I can sooo I'll just say Fantastic find !

Last edited:
That coin should be at least a 350 buck coin I would guess. I would only run a little water over it and don't rub it

More like $65-$75. Looks like VG to me but I'm not a professional grader. Don't clean it except with plain water. Great find, congrats.

Back
Top Bottom