After Work Merc!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I have been getting over a nasty flu the last 2 weeks that’s sapped me of any strength. I started to feel better this week so I went out on Tuesday to do some dry sand for an after work hunt but when I got out of the car I realized that my headphones were not there. :roll: No big deal, I have a small over the ear clip on pair so I dig for those in my detecting bag and as I go to connect them to the detector I’m missing the adapter plug.:( I walk over to the beach and start to detect without any headphones and I just couldn't do it! I hated it!!:mad: I pick up my things and go home and decide to try it again tomorrow.

Well yesterday, I get home right after work and head for the beach again. The day was dreary as a cold front was coming through. This time all my gear was with me. I’m on the pretty empty beach by 3:30 pm which should give me a good 2½ hour hunt before I can’t see anymore and have to go home. I noticed that the beach looked like it had gotten a lot of machine work – especially in the dry sand parts. The targets weren’t as plentiful as I would’ve wanted but I was happy to have been feeling good enough to be out and detecting. I get home and start sorting the finds and out pops a nice & shiny 1941 Merc! :shock: I was surprised at how clean it actually was and had very little to do to get it looking like it is in the picture. $5.16 to the jar and a rare South Florida beach Merc! Life is good folks & happy Thanksgiving! :pilgrim:

Attachments

• 11-26-14.jpg
    11-26-14.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 370
  • 11-25-14 Merc1.jpg
    11-25-14 Merc1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 11-25-14 Merc2.jpg
    11-25-14 Merc2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 404
Nice looking Merc. I have yet to get one myself, someday! School kids are a pain in the rear when it comes to flu. If I was you, get a shot.

Look what the cat drug in.
(james bond diamonds are forever) :D

Happy Turkey Day.

Attachments

• thanksgiving1.jpg
    thanksgiving1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 391
Yeah congrats on the finds,, Nice Merc dime!!

It has been along time ago some 32 years ago give or take a few I had a garrett goldhunter metal detector

file.php

and while living in Florida I hit some old schools and just about every other penny was a wheat, then the third was a merc dime,, guess those days are long gone...

Nice recovery Felix... you have the perfect job to bring home illnesses :laughing: my sisters kids are always bring home nasty bugs to share with my sister and her BF :lol: Glad I work outside without much contact to other humans.. :yes:

Nice recovery Felix... you have the perfect job to bring home illnesses :laughing: my sisters kids are always bring home nasty bugs to share with my sister and her BF :lol: Glad I work outside without much contact to other humans.. :yes:
I remember reading something years ago that educators in their golden years are much healthier from colds, flus, etc. due to all their exposure from it at work. So maybe I have something to look forward to at least...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom