Wowow

I had the checked out today by a local jeweler. The frames and the bridge are solid 12k and the arms are wire plated with 12k.

Still makes me quite happy to find them intact.

Very cool!! :cool: Any way to date them??

The guy that looked at them said the halmark is B&B which is for Bernheim & Beer out of New York.

The best he could tell me is some time from 1830-1902, but he wasn't sure and I can't find any info on when they were in service.

A lot of those old frames were "rolled gold" not worth much in gold value unless you have a ton. They made rolled gold glasses until the early 80's I believe

Those glasses are a real cool find, you don't see that every day. Congrats on the glasses and key!!!

Nice!!! Sean, hope they are solid gold. I found a pair of 18K frames last year came in at 18g and they had plastic lenses :?:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=168181

Yours look a bit on the light side for gold, but well worth getting them checked out, you never know :yes:

Brought them to a local jeweler. The frames and bridge are solid 12k. The arms are 12k plated.

Even if they were all solid it wouldn't matter as I won't ever sell them :D

Brought them to a local jeweler. The frames and bridge are solid 12k. The arms are 12k plated.

Even if they were all solid it wouldn't matter as I won't ever sell them :D

:lol: some how I missed page two when I posted my reply :lol: That's great news Sean congrats :yes:

Cool glasses,probably not gold filled or they would be marked.Still cool though. Great key, That's something on my list:iwish::iwish:

Excellent find !!! I wouldn't care whether they were solid gold or not. They would look great in a display case with a description of the area and the hunt. Very Cool !!

I had the checked out today by a local jeweler. The frames and the bridge are solid 12k and the arms are wire plated with 12k.

Still makes me quite happy to find them intact.

I didn't see this before I posted😎👍

Very cool finds. I love personal thinks like that. They make me think about the individual that might have worn them, what their lives were like at that time in the world, etc. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom