3 1800's coins in 3 hunts.

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
So Sunday i went on a hunt and got an 1829half cent.my first 1800's coin ever as Im relatively new to the hobby. Monday i go to a different site and snag my first large cent!1852.today i dug two indian heads (1903&1897) but they were in a really moist area and they are basically falling apart. Im on a roll and loving it...i wont lie i was pretty discouraged and thought it was that my ace 250 wasnt up for the tasks that other more expensive machines are. Other notables are a few buttons and a couple of wheaties.No silver though.does anyone have advice on silver coins with the ace 250. I mainly hunt cellar holes.will post pics soon! Advice on cleaning the finds? I know its not recommended but they arent worth much in the state they are in anyways right?i cleaned them enough to get the date of them.thanks!

I dont think you'll have an issue with silver once you find it, I have the 350 and still no silver....but I ain't gonna stop looking either lol

Ive got 4 silvers with it so far but none were very deep ..and of course theres plenty of trash around was just wondering if anyone had any tips for deep silver with the ace series. Besides bench testing.

My son uses an Ace 150 and has found about 8 silvers this year. Unless it is too deep or masked by trash, if you pass the coil over it your 250 will find it.

Well thanks for the replies ..ive heard that deep silver signals can come up as mixed signals. Which i most of the time skip. I listen for that straighttp accurate high tone wiith not much if any jumping on the screen.

Nice finds! Just soapy water, Id use some olive oil to soak them in. Vasaline with a q tip helps. Don't over do it though.

Mistake

Well thanks for the replies ..ive heard that deep silver signals can come up as mixed signals. Which i most of the time skip. I listen for that straighttp accurate high tone wiith not much if any jumping on the screen.

I too use to do this. But then I got my AT Pro and started taking chances on the deep jumpy signals. And since I have done that I have started finding more silver and even GOLD. Literally to the point to where I can darn near pick it out that its going to be good.

Update!

I put a few pictures in my album on my personal page if anyones interested! Also added my first barber dime to my collection.1902 at 4". Straight high tone clear as day.

Back
Top Bottom