Looking for a new finds bag/pouch-suggestions?

ZR2guy

Elite Member
My Garret finds bag is almost dead. It was a present from my son a few years ago. It did the job but I am curious as to what the guys and gals from this forum use and your pros and cons. Suggestions will be appreciated.:yes:

Been looking for a couple myself. I've been checking the Mil. Spec Dump Bags out on Amazon. Look pretty rugged. Price varies a bit from 10 bucks to 40. 00

I haven't pulled the trigger get but I am definitely getting the larger model of these.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=266821

My Garrett finds bag is nearing the end of its life, and I’m replacing it with one of Digger Supply’s pack mule pouches. I actually got in under the wire to have a custom pouch made - a gentleman active on another forum hand sews every one of these pouches and they receive stellar reviews. Unfortunately, for personal reasons, he won’t be taking orders on custom pouches beyond the end of this month for the foreseeable future, and will continue to make some of the “standard” pouches sold through Colonial for as long as he can. The pouches at Colonial might get scarce, too - so if you’re considering it, I’d get one while you can.

I currently use a sporting clays bag but its not very robust

Also, with the warmer weather coming, I want to put together minimalist/lightweight set up so have been looking an alternative pouch, primarily for trash and found this French Army surplus F1 ammo pouch...

Genuine-French-Army-Foreign-Legion-F1-Magazine-_1.jpg

Its about 11"x 5"x1 3/4" and should be reasonably heavy duty...I will probably end up moding but as a basic pouch for about $6 including postage, you can't complain.

For people wanting something bigger and with more pockets, the French Army Respirator pouches (in either canvas or nylon) are well worth a look...

s-l640.jpg

Just purchased the smaller Park Ranger for the wife and granddaughter to use and going to order the Pack Mule for me. These were definitely well thought out. Thanks for the tip!

I have the Omega Mills Relic Elite Pouch and the Park Ranger, both are good, but I lean more towards the Omega. I set up both with surplus military style harness suspenders, very comfortable to wear.

I did the military surplus route for a while. I had a pistol belt with an e-tool cover for my pinpointer and digger, and I used a sustainment pouch (designed for MREs) as a finds pouch.

It worked okay and was about $30 all together.

I recently bought an Omega Mills Relic Elite and I wish I would have just gotten that one out of the gate. It's durable and we'll made. There is a thoughtful design that the cobbled together solutions don't have and that was worth it to me to spend the extra few dollars for it.

I wish I would have bought the Relic Elite four years ago when I started this.

Back
Top Bottom