List all sponsors
Metal Detecting CODE OF ETHICS
Do not Kill the hobby these are,
Good Rules to Follow When Detecting
- Never trespass. Always get permission to traverse private or restricted lands.
- Always respect private property and do no metal detecting without the owner's permission.
- Before searching public sites, always check laws, ordinances or regulations that may govern your hunt.
- Always leave gates as they are found whether open or closed.
- Never do anything that might contaminate wells, creeks or other water supplies.
- Never tamper with signs, maintenance facilities or equipment.
- Never damage or destroy property, buildings or what is left of ghost towns or deserted structures.
- Never spook, taunt, provoke or otherwise disturb wild or domestic animals.
- Never leave litter. Pack out any and all trash or debris you create or find.
- If necessary, clean up after a previous detectorist. Acting in spite of him or even just ignoring his trangressions will only hurt us all in the end.
- Always use the correct digging or probing equipment to make the least intrusion or marks.
- Never throw trash finds back in the hole.
- Leave as little sign of your passing as possible.
- Always fill in your holes, including plowed fields, sand pits, beaches and in water.
- Study, learn, appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and private property.
- Be thoughtful, considerate, courteous and respectful of others at all times.
- Protect the metal detecting hobby by being a good will ambassador at all times.
- Report the discovery of any items of possible significant historical value to a local historian or museum in accordance with the latest legislation of your area.
- Report any live ammunition or other potentially lethal or toxic objects you may find to authorities after carefully noting or marking the location.
- Report any criminal activities you see to proper authorities immediately. You are not a "snitch" or a "tattletale". You are a citizen with both rights, privileges AND duties. Respect them as they were hard-earned by many who came before you.
I did not make up these rules, just trying to save the hobby for newbie's to come.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Am I breaking my digging code of ethics?||leslie(nova scotia)||General Hobby Discussion||19||01-10-2011 12:37 AM|
|Code of ethics||rottie72||General Hobby Discussion||11||01-16-2010 09:25 PM|
|Our code of ethics... Question for the forum...||fir469||Research and Getting Permission||27||06-24-2009 03:51 PM|
|Code of Ethics ( kind a long )||tabdog||General Hobby Discussion||6||01-24-2009 09:26 AM|
|Hobby has code of ethics (Canada)||~Alan~||General Hobby Discussion||5||08-22-2008 12:55 PM|