ISO Beach & Water Hunting Displays / Themed Room Ideas !!!! ...... Share your ideas!

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
I've been remodeling and looking at doing a Beach & Water Hunting Themed Treasure room. I visited the Treasure Museums in St. Thomas, St. Augustine, Vero and Key West. Reviewed the heck out of Pinterest and just haven't found a solution for me. I have dozens of artifacts from Treasure hunting excursions that I'd like to display as well as some old detectors and excavation equipment.

I'd love to see some of your favorite displays and room themes. I don't care if it is yours or something you saw on the internet. The room is approximately 11' x 11', has glass french doors and one window. (see pic below)

Perhaps I incorporate a functional area to hold the equipment I use on the regular.... 2-3 detectors, a beach scoop, shovel, and Lesche? Let's see those ideas!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 189
I wouldn’t invite or discuss it with to many people….. to many people who believe they have a right to your property. Sad.

Shadow box Tables add some life to a room. You just take a glass top end table or coffee table and enclose the bottom. Then fill with sand. You can change what is inside all the time so it never gets boring. The sand in this one is actually from Daytona beach. Not Homer Depot.

Attachments

• shadowbox.jpg
    shadowbox.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 153
Shadow box Tables add some life to a room. You just take a glass top end table or coffee table and enclose the bottom. Then fill with sand. You can change what is inside all the time so it never gets boring. The sand in this one is actually from Daytona beach. Not Homer Depot.
I did the same thing when I built a bar in my family room. The entire 8' long top was a shadowbox with glass around three sides and mirror on the back side. It made it look twice as deep looking from the sides. The top lifted off to put new objects in.

Cliff

I did the same thing when I built a bar in my family room. The entire 8' long top was a shadowbox with glass around three sides and mirror on the back side. It made it look twice as deep looking from the sides. The top lifted off to put new objects in.

Cliff
That sounds really cool. And in reality you could build a hidden compartment into the bottom if you add a false bottom. Is a burglar going to flip over all your displays and break out a screwdriver? Not likely!

That sounds really cool. And in reality you could build a hidden compartment into the bottom if you add a false bottom. Is a burglar going to flip over all your displays and break out a screwdriver? Not likely!
It looked really nice. We decorated it with aquarium gravel, chunks of coral, decorative fish, etc. Somehow we never took any pictures of it. [emoji3525]

I want to make another one some day.

Cliff

I wouldn’t invite or discuss it with to many people….. to many people who believe they have a right to your property. Sad.

I agree with Dew, it is very sad one must be aware of the possibles.
My display.

Attachments

• DCS-3822.jpg
    DCS-3822.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 142
My display.

Good idea to have a big "dummy" safe. You keep a dollie by it with a flat tire and a bad axle bearing. Then you fill it with tungsten carbide rings, brass tokens and bricks for when they shake it a bit to see if they hear anything.:lol:

My display.
Good idea to have a big "dummy" safe. You keep a dollie by it with a flat tire and a bad axle bearing. Then you fill it with tungsten carbide rings, brass tokens and bricks for when they shake it a bit to see if they hear anything.:lol:
Yassss! Great idea!

eh, its neat stuff to showcase but nothing worth the risk. If someone was really trying to case my place, they skip right over it and head to the surrounding "estate" communities that actually have stuff worth protecting.

My display.

Yup.... a few years ago my place was looted. They hit the jackpot. Bags of silver, imperial jade, cartier, 24k, etc.. funny thing is they left a few watches worth some cash and a brand new ATX sitting assembled in the other room.

At the time I had 70% of my goodies in the bank box (luckily). Now everything is in a secure spot.

Back
Top Bottom