Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

With all due respect are you AGAINST MDing on public land or am I missing something?

Sorry, you missed my wry humor. I detect on public land (and , gasp, yes dig) all the time.

I can vouch that Tom is for detecting on public land, here is a pic posted just over a year ago here -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3304504#post3304504

:laughing:

Tom_in_CA lobbyist button.jpg

New article on whole treasure story

David, why must you torture us ? I got a page or two into it, and got to the picture of Dennis FK posed next to his son "Kem". Look close at what Kem is holding . Can you see what it is ? It's a dowsing rod (bent coat hanger).

At which point I decided my time is too important to read any further :roll:
Sure you would find more to poo-poo if you read the whole article :laughing: It is a new article and a lot of details in it , so a update for those who believe that there are still treasures out there to be recovered . Also i know Tom looks so forward to these updates they make his day. :laughing:

Last edited:
David, why must you torture us ? I got a page or two into it, and got to the picture of Dennis FK posed next to his son "Kem". Look close at what Kem is holding . Can you see what it is ? It's a dowsing rod (bent coat hanger).

At which point I decided my time is too important to read any further :roll:

I'm not feeling tortured Tom .:lol: I was looking forward to seeing your debating skills once again :popcorn: ! You know what " that coat hanger dowsing rod "
looks more like a probe to me and I'm wearing my new prescription glasses . Check it out , bring on the poo-pooing , it's always a good read .:yes:

Dousing rod or probe in picture ?

I'm not feeling tortured Tom .:lol: I was looking forward to seeing your debating skills once again :popcorn: ! You know what " that coat hanger dowsing rod "
looks more like a probe to me and I'm wearing my new prescription glasses . Check it out , bring on the poo-pooing , it's always a good read .:yes:

don't you need 2 coat hangers to be a dowsing rod ? Don't know anyone that does it but bet there are a few on here that have. I think it is a probe as well.

As far as Dowsing Rods go,I'm a non believer .I just can't imagine them actually working .
Some people claim success with them and some people claim to have been abducted by space aliens . Who knows maybe they have .

As far as Dowsing Rods go,I'm a non believer .I just can't imagine them actually working .
Some people claim success with them and some people claim to have been abducted by space aliens . Who knows maybe they have .

Many years ago, I was talking to a guy who worked for a local Water Company and he said many of the older generation of engineers used them to locate pipe runs and/or leaks. He said that it got to the point where the Company sent out an instruction to their employees to specially ban their use....

Personally, I have never seen any scientific evidence to suggest they may work.

That said, it would not surprise me if humans did not have a sort of lost sense/ability to locate water somewhere in our genetic background and this is why water dowsing sometimes appears to work...

Thanks for the link

This thread over at TNet is taking a logical and fact based look at Finder Keeper's allegations of lost Civil War gold & Silver...

https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/dents-run-the-fbi-files.672336/

For the record, I believe this is all ploy to get a TV show and sells books.
If I am proven wrong I will apologize.

Thanks for the link , i am not a regular on that site so hadn't seen it. Sure a lot of members are curious as to what actually happened there. May be there was a treasure and it is gone , maybe there was never a treasure there . I am fine with either outcome my self . Sure over time all the details one way or another will come out . Do i think the government is capable of doing something like that under the name of national security , yes i do. There is a lot of speculation that the American government located a lot of the Japanese treasure hid in the Philippines during World War 2 and used it to finance many secret cold war projects over the years. A good article on that treasure is https://andrewgough.co.uk/the-golden-lily-conspiracy-my-journey-of-discovery/ . I have to also admit that i get a certain amount of pleasure stirring old TOM-IN-CA there never was any treasure statements .:laughing:

Last edited:
....and this is why water dowsing sometimes appears to work...

Pete, if it worked, then any of the claimants would /should submit themselves to a double blind scientific test of the ability. Yet they don't and won't. And the rare times you can get any of them to submit to testing, they fail. Yes for both water & precious metals.

They're full of claims, and anecdotal casual observers. But never submit their supposed skill to double blind test scrutiny. Ask yourself : Why not ?

Durned them sunspots, lunar flairs, ions-in-the-air, etc.... anyhow ! :roll:

.... It is a new article and a lot of details in it ,...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that there's not a single talking point in that article, that I haven't already addressed.

This is what happened in the past, with all the prior links to the D.R. links that you posted : I noticed that it was perpetually the same thing. So I would perpetually reply with the SAME counter points and the same more-plausible-explanations.

So too do I bet you that I could make good use of the copy/paste feature, on this one, for all the past push-backs I've given.

Unless you think there's something new in his speel, in this particular link, that hasn't already been said. Ie.: new material. If so, draw my attention to it, and I'll gladly take a look.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that there's not a single talking point in that article, that I haven't already addressed.

This is what happened in the past, with all the prior links to the D.R. links that you posted : I noticed that it was perpetually the same thing. So I would perpetually reply with the SAME counter points and the same more-plausible-explanations.

So too do I bet you that I could make good use of the copy/paste feature, on this one, for all the past push-backs I've given.

Unless you think there's something new in his speel, in this particular link, that hasn't already been said. Ie.: new material. If so, draw my attention to it, and I'll gladly take a look.

I will just leave it up to each reader to decide if there was any relevant information in it and watch for more details to be released .

Pete, if it worked, then any of the claimants would /should submit themselves to a double blind scientific test of the ability. Yet they don't and won't. And the rare times you can get any of them to submit to testing, they fail. Yes for both water & precious metals.

They're full of claims, and anecdotal casual observers. But never submit their supposed skill to double blind test scrutiny. Ask yourself : Why not ?

Happily agree with you Tom...I think it was the magician The Amazing Randi who offered a substantial reward to anyone who prove it worked under scientific scrutiny and no one ever managed to bag the reward.

Not sure I have seen you mention it, but are you aware how FK actually came up with the location at Dents Run to start looking for the gold?

I'm a natural skeptic. One piece of property I own, we had the water dept come out and turn the water on. The Cover was buried under thick grass, I knew where it was, but I could not even see it, or find it. The guy from the water dept came out, and his stick went right down over top where it was. Proof? no, but.. it was interesting.

We had a 93 year old guy get lost in my area with Alzheimer's. We searched for him for a week or two, multiple planes, etc. Whole community was involved. Through my business I meet a lot of famous people. One was a well known psychic from the 70's. He's been on the Donahue show.

I called him up, and I said, I hate to bother you, but could you help me locate this missing man. The "psychic" lived about 300 miles away from my area. He goes in his English accent "Let me get my Pendulum out'... The he said 'he's 17 mines n nE from where I am now", "He's in water '

I sent a text to a police chief friend of mine, who I was letting use my airplane to look for him. Still have this text on my phone today. about a week later they found him, they gave me the location. I plugged it into my Google, it was 17 miles from my house. Got into my car, drove it... 16.9 miles, last 1/10 was gated off. He was N NE from me. His car was stuck in a big mud puddle up to the doors with mud on each side.

N NE, ok.. you can say thats vague
Water,,,, you can say thats vague
17 miles, right on the button..... run the probability on that.

I've done some research into the paranormal. My guess would be, some of the top people in the metal detecting hobby are using their psychic abilities, for lack of a better word, and don't even know it, supplementing that with the metal detector, to find the better finds.

its my opinion, that possibly some of peoples beliefs in religion, come from these psychic abilities, things occur, they can't explain it, so they automatically give credit to whatever they were near, or were reading,etc at the time of the event.

.... they can't explain it, .....

MITW : I would love to explain the water-witching and psychic occurrences you cite here. To propose "more plausible explanations". Because I too am a skeptic. And I opine that there are more plausible explanations OTHER that non-physical explanations. Ok ? And I believe their are simple explanations to the anecdotal stories, such as yours, that we hear.

However, it strikes me as odd that you're sympathetic to these events. That you give them credit. That there might be something mystical or supernatural going on (unless I've misunderstood you ?). If so, how can that be ? :?: I thought we were nothing more than meat-all-the-way down. That's there's nothing non-physical. That you don't opine in anything that can't be measured scientifically in a test tube?

Therefore you should IMMEDIATELY poo-poo these various things as being nothing nothing more than simpleton superstitions . I mean, c'mon now bro, let's be consistent. Ok ? :cool3:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom