I should open a Used Car lot!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
As some of you know, I've been detecting a large housing complex in Missoula Montana, built in 1956. Not much hope of old stuff but I have pulled 10 Silver Rosies and some wheat pennies, along with one Silver GW Quarter out of there so far, along with a ton of clad.

As we have had rain for the last few days, T-Storms today, and rain for the next few days, I thought I'd post these pics and story.

Lots of kids must have played here over the last 64 years, as I have found A LOT of TOY CARS buried in the dirt. I've got so many I think I should open a Used Car Lot!:lol:

Attachments

• cars1.jpg
    cars1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 711
  • cars2.jpg
    cars2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 733
As some of you know, I've been detecting a large housing complex in Missoula Montana, built in 1956. Not much hope of old stuff but I have pulled 10 Silver Rosies and some wheat pennies, along with one Silver GW Quarter out of there so far, along with a ton of clad.

As we have had rain for the last few days, T-Storms today, and rain for the next few days, I thought I'd post these pics and story.

Lots of kids must have played here over the last 64 years, as I have found A LOT of TOY CARS buried in the dirt. I've got so many I think I should open a Used Car Lot!:lol:
And maybe a Car Wash too.:yes: Nice finds....

We've had more than our usual amount of rain here too but the last few days have finally been nice. Do you ever restore any of the cars you find?

No, I had not thought of that. Some might be collector items or old ones, but so far I just stuff them in ziploc baggies and set them aside for now.

No, I had not thought of that. Some might be collector items or old ones, but so far I just stuff them in ziploc baggies and set them aside for now.

I watched a few YouTube videos of guys who restore them and they come out looking pretty good. I don't have the patience to try it so mine are all stored in a large plastic jar.:lol:

I watched a few YouTube videos of guys who restore them and they come out looking pretty good. I don't have the patience to try it so mine are all stored in a large plastic jar.:lol:

I use a metal container that once had cookies in it. :cool:

I love finding the cars but I agree... I don't have the patience to restore them.

Nice. It always makes me smile when I dig these up. And I'm sure I lost quite a few myself as a child.

Ha! Nice car cache!

Thanks Tom!

I use a metal container that once had cookies in it. :cool:

I love finding the cars but I agree... I don't have the patience to restore them.

Thank you JimR!

All that and a jet too! I always enjoy digging a toy.

Quick game: Find the VW Bug in this lineup. How long did it take?

Thanks Foragist. I don't know much about cars so don't know which one is the VDub! I do know airplanes pretty well, the jet looks like a French Mirage.

It would take a long winter but starting a micro automotive detail and restoration shop has always been in the back of my mind .
Love the photo.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom