ETRAC vs NOX -Owner Input Please

The Equinox hand grip took some getting used to for me. I eventually padded it, got a lighter graphite shaft and reminded myself to relax my hand and wrist when using it. I have swung the Etrac and CTX. They are great detectors but to me feel really heavy. I have several Etrac and CTX buddies that have had shoulder surgery on their swinging arms. I am not saying these detectors caused this, but I am saying a lighter detector might not have made their shoulder condition so bad that they needed shoulder replacement surgery.

Someone mentioned the ORX and Deus. They are super lightweight. They definitely take some getting used to as far as the audio is concerned if you are coming from an Etrac or Nox.

Since you are used to the Delta, have you though about an F75/Tek T2 or an F70/Tek Patriot? They are great detectors in moderate to mild dirt and even though they weigh over 3 pounds, they are beautifully balanced and comfortable to use.

Also, the Minelab Vanquish is a really nice detector. Its armrest and shaft are so adjustable that it does not feel like it weighs almost 2.8 pounds. I tested my 340 on some targets along side my F19 and it out performed my F19 big time both for depth and target ID accuracy. Sadly, it is goodbye, F19.......It is very much like the Equinox without all of the expert adjustments and it has good depth. The V10 coil is just the right size and weight so that it's almost like swinging a detector without a coil. If you don't need wireless audio, to me, the best Vanquish deal is the 440 when they become available.

good luck with your choice.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I have thought about the T2 Classic and the G2+. I like the G2+ a little more for the fact that it uses 1 9v battery, instead of 4 AA. Saves about half a pound. I don't know much about the G2+ though and how well the 19 kHz operating frequency works. Need to do some research. I noticed RT6 had a nice T2 Classic combo listed in the classified forum. The 13 kHz operating frequency of the T2 may be a little better for coins, all-around detecting.....I don't know, still leaning towards an eTrac and using a support system of some kind.

I have a 5 in Sunray coil and a coiltek 6 in that I use on the eTrac a lot more than the 13 inch detech. My recommendation would be the stock coil and a small coil of your choice, Maybe a larger coil later..good to hear you're back in the hobby...

I have a 5 in Sunray coil and a coiltek 6 in that I use on the eTrac a lot more than the 13 inch detech. My recommendation would be the stock coil and a small coil of your choice, Maybe a larger coil later..good to hear you're back in the hobby...

Thanks Norm, getting there and taking my time. Need to stay away from swinging a golf club (which I hardly ever played). I think it led to my muscle strain issues more so than the NOX 800....makes more since and I played a round the day after MDing with the NOX!

The Detech 10x12 SEF out-does the Detech 13" coil. Separation for certain, and depth is equal IMO. I saw a 10x12 here for sale at $75 recently. THAT is a good buy!

The Detech 10x12 SEF out-does the Detech 13" coil. Separation for certain, and depth is equal IMO. I saw a 10x12 here for sale at $75 recently. THAT is a good buy!
My favorite coil! I gained at least a 2” depth advantage on the Exp II over the factory coil. Unfortunately, the lead at the base of mine has an intermittent short circuit which shuts the machine right down.

Back
Top Bottom